Velocity ignored by auv3 guest?

Hi,

I can't seem to get the AUv3 guest plugins to acknowledge midi notes' velocities from NS2 tracks patterns. Notes play fine, but velocity data is ignored.
Tried several plugins (Zeeon, Viking, SunVox, ShapeSynth, Magellan) and it's all the same.
Am I doing something wrong? Or is this simply something that is not possible in NS2 right now?

iPhone 8+, iOS 13

Thanks

Comments

• velocity is for sure sent to plugin because velocity is a part of MIDI note information... It's on plugin how it interprets this information - it xan be mapped to AMP envelope volume, or filter, or whatever...
    NS2 itself for sure sends velocity to plugin, it is even not possible to not send it :-)

• @dendy said:
    velocity is for sure sent to plugin because velocity is a part of MIDI note information... It's on plugin how it interprets this information - it xan be mapped to AMP envelope volume, or filter, or whatever...
    NS2 itself for sure sends velocity to plugin, it is even not possible to not send it :-)

I see! Thanks for the quick reply
    I guess I’ll have to play around with the plugins to find out what how to solve this.

• (If anyone’s able to get the velocity working for any of the aforementioned AUv3 guests I’d love to know how you did it because I just can’t..)

• Oh nvm I finally got it! 🙏

• Magellan? Huh, I was under the impression it’s not AUv3… or are you using Magellan 2? 🤯

• @Stiksi said:
    Magellan? Huh, I was under the impression it’s not AUv3… or are you using Magellan 2? 🤯

Sorry. Yes, of course, I meant Magellan 2. I don’t think Magellan 1 is available on the iPhone (it’s Magellan Jr)

• @god said:

@Stiksi said:
    Magellan? Huh, I was under the impression it’s not AUv3… or are you using Magellan 2? 🤯

Sorry. Yes, of course, I meant Magellan 2. I don’t think Magellan 1 is available on the iPhone (it’s Magellan Jr)

I didn’t know it was out already! Itching to give it a go, but I ended up using the first one as an fx processor, so I don’t know… choices, choices 🤒

• @Stiksi said:

@god said:

@Stiksi said:

I didn’t know it was out already! Itching to give it a go, but I ended up using the first one as an fx processor, so I don’t know… choices, choices 🤒

It’s out and IMO really really good!