Midi routed to track when it is not selected if you select track with "Always"

Minor issue.

1. Description of buggy behavior
    If track A is configured (in "in/out") as "Always" and track B is configured as "Selected", if you select track A then track B the midi will continue to play in track A when it should not

2. Steps to reproduce
    Plug in a midi controller
    Open a new default project
    Open mixer
    Select track 4 (it will be Born Leader in the default settings)
    Open 'in/out' for track 4
    Set up track 4 as 'Always' and only for the channel of your controller (i.e. it will always accept midi from that controller)
    Play a tune on the controller, check that track 4 (and only track 4) plays
    Select track 3.
    Play a tune on the controller, check that both track 4 and track 3 play
    Select track 4
    Play a tune on the controller.

3. Expected result - only track 4 should play
  4. Actual result - both track 3 and track 4 play

Anyone reading this and wanting a workaround - just either stick with "selected" on all tracks, or set up all tracks explicitly for your controller setup, with the channel and controller explicitly selected.

Sorry about the title, I couldn't think of a better way to describe it in the character limit. If any mods want to update the title, please feel free to!

Comments

• @Trigger_the_Monkey said:
    Minor issue.

1. Description of buggy behavior
      If track A is configured (in "in/out") as "Always" and track B is configured as "Selected", if you select track A then track B the midi will continue to play in track A when it should not

Judging by the longer description, I think you mean midi will continue to play in track B (set to ”selected”) when it’s not selected.

I can confirm this, it’s not releasing midi control when it’s supposed to if you switch from a ”selected” track to an ”always” track. Good catch, thanks!