Sunday jam and soothing waterfall video

edited March 2020 in Creations

Took a walk on the riverside today. The good thing about Finland is that even in the capital we can still go outside and easily observe social distancing. The river was running high and had a calming effect, so I got inspired to do a small chillout jam. Hope it works for you too!

I used NS with FAC Bandit, Discord4, ADverb2, Tape Cassette, WOW, ShimmerFX (didn't survive the 96kHz mixdown) and Blackhole. I also ran a quick master pass in Ozone 8 to get the LUFS level right for streaming.

Youtube seems to be failing to play the embedded video at least for me, so if that happens, just click "watch on youtube" and it should play fine. At least in the EU, Youtube has downgraded playback quality to conserve bandwidth, so it's not exactly HD… Stay safe, stay strong!

Comments

• @Stiksi absolutely brilliant production as always;) did enjoyed watching that water falling quiet a bit:D love your work, keep them coming. And yes! Stay safe;)
    🙏

• @Cray23 said:
    @Stiksi absolutely brilliant production as always;) did enjoyed watching that water falling quiet a bit:D love your work, keep them coming. And yes! Stay safe;)
    🙏

Thank you! I wish I had a better high speed video camera, I’d love to do more of these kinds of meditative moving stills.

Oh, I forgot, I posted the track with the missing ShimmerFX onto Soundcloud.

• A small jam!!!??? Why does your small jams sound like something that´s taken me months to finish??

• @Jeppan74 said:
    A small jam!!!??? Why does your small jams sound like something that´s taken me months to finish??

On that note, don't ask dendy how long it takes for him to make a dance banger. He's obscenely quick, I'm convinced he's living in zero gravity or something and experiences time differently.

1. > @Stiksi said:

@Jeppan74 said:
    A small jam!!!??? Why does your small jams sound like something that´s taken me months to finish??

On that note, don't ask dendy how long it takes for him to make a dance banger. He's obscenely quick, I'm convinced he's living in zero gravity or something and experiences time differently.

=)=)=)=)

• problem is often the price for fast finished track is low quality lol :)::

but i have to admit that sometimes it's really strange... sometimes i'm suspicious that there is really some form of time warp bubble around me ...

this track was done from zero to final mix in approx 20 minutes !!! I can remember how i was shocked when i realised just 20 minutes passed ...

• edited April 2020

@dendy said:
    problem is often the price for fast finished track is low quality lol :)::

but i have to admit that sometimes it's really strange... sometimes i'm suspicious that there is really some form of time warp bubble around me ...

this track was done from zero to final mix in approx 20 minutes !!! I can remember how i was shocked when i realised just 20 minutes passed ...

”Roll down your window please, sir. Do you have any idea how fast you were going?”

Also, that first synth glockens sound is a pretty seminal NS1 sound. Lovely track!

• edited April 2020

Also, that first synth glockens sound is a pretty seminal NS1 sound. Lovely track!

yeah it is, all NS1 :-)