Unclean handling of AU with resulting project problems

13»

Comments

• As it seems, more and more people see problems with massive instability of nanostudio 2 when using certain AU plugins.

This even ends with the requirement to uninstall Apps to be able to start nanostudio 2 again and also problems with the archive option.

IMHO, regardless of how bad or wrong an AU is written, it shall never affect nanostudio 2 in such a way!
    The host needs to be able to handle this situation - and we can see that this is possible with for example AUM.

Here is the thread from the AudioBus forum, in case nobody mentioned those problems in this forum:

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/34011/nanostudio-2-problems-anybody-else

Please pay attention, @dendy and @Blip Interactive

• And, whenever nanostudio 2 will be able to be more stable, we need a quick fix first:

Add this option to the settings, so that nanostudio 2 can be started without auto-loading!

Also:

As should be clear to anybody, auto-saving and especially auto-loading are NOT acceptable without a setting to configure that behavior.

Stupid auto-save and auto-load are the worst things that can be done!

Add at least a toggle to disable auto-save and more important to disable auto-load, @dendy and @Blip Interactive

Stability and reliability are even more important than audio tracks or universal build!

• @tja said:
    And, whenever nanostudio 2 will be able to be more stable, we need a quick fix first:

Add this option to the settings, so that nanostudio 2 can be started without auto-loading!

Also:

As should be clear to anybody, auto-saving and especially auto-loading are NOT acceptable without a setting to configure that behavior.

Add at least a toggle to disable auto-save and more important to disable auto-load, @dendy and @Blip Interactive

Stability and reliability are even more important than audio tracks or universal build!

As a workaround, you can use Files app to move the problematic project out of the Nanostudio 2 folder. This will make NS create a new project on startup.

• tjatja
    edited April 2020

@Stiksi said:

@tja said:
    And, whenever nanostudio 2 will be able to be more stable, we need a quick fix first:

Also:

As a workaround, you can use Files app to move the problematic project out of the Nanostudio 2 folder. This will make NS create a new project on startup.

Nice idea!
    Thanks!

But some of the above options could be added easily:

• Toggle Auto-Save
    • Toggle Auto-Load
    • Settings-Option to start empty next.
  • @tja said:
    But some of the above options could be added easily:

• Toggle Auto-Save
    • Toggle Auto-Load
    • Settings-Option to start empty next.

I think auto-save is pretty much how iOS works but a toggle for auto-load has been requested before and discussed. Personally, I think it would be a great idea. Also the Settings app option would be 👍

• Waiting for @dendy or @Blip Interactive to notice this.

• @tja said:
    Waiting for @dendy or @Blip Interactive to notice this.

I’ve already put this forward.

• tjatja
    edited April 2020

@Stiksi said:

@tja said:

Many thanks!
    I was not aware or forgott, that you are part of the team.

• @tja said:

@Stiksi said:

@tja said:

Many thanks!
    I was not aware or forgott, that you are part of the team.

No worries :)