My first composition/production using NS2

I’m very proud to share my first music! I created it from scratch all the way to mastering (still learning) courtesy of Andrew Huang's course. I’m a non-musician but I’m musical. Please be gentle. I would love your positive feedback. BTW, I LOOOOVE NanoStudio2.

Question: How do I save as, or export the midi file of this? Ive been looking but to no avail.

Comments

• OH!! I searched the “midi export” again on here and found out that you can select tracks (all or some) and the command bar will give you an Export option. SO it can be done, but damn it was so hard to find out. The manual is little help—i looked and looked...

• edited April 2020

@mrmein you got some detailed composition going on here;) good work especially when considering this is your first tune in ns2;) keep them coming.
    I think, we(all of us in here) as nanostudio2 users have covered most musical genres out there, with exclusion of heavy metal that is :D or I missed it:D

• I’ve been interested in Huang’s courses myself, but I just don’t have the money for it. And it seems to be working for you! Very orchestral, I like how you’ve arranged it so that every instrument has a separate function. And it’s a good, solid statement, which I think is unusual for someone just starting out, well done!

The manual could use a search function… you can do it through google, but I can never remember how.

• Thank you! > @frioventus said:

Good job! :+1:

• Is that a suggestion to explore heavy metal! :). Hahaha... Hey why not!

Thanks for the comment, Cray23! I’m still exploring and looking for works on the NS2. I’m glad I found this forum. Do you have a playlist, per chance of your NS2 finds?

I have two additional tracks coming up by the end of April (I don’t know what they are yet, but they will come! :)

@Cray23 said:
    @mrmein you got some detailed composition going on here;) good work especially when considering this is your first tune in ns2;) keep them coming.
    I think, we(all of us in here) as nanostudio2 users have covered most musical genres out there, with exclusion of heavy metal that is :D or I missed it:D

• Hey Stiksi,

Yeah, it’s a little pricey. But I no more than a beginning drawing course that I recently took (8 weeks, once a week, for 2.5 hrs). Andrew’s course is every day for 30 days. The feedback comes mostly from your class peers that you’ll be grouped with. Really useful though don’t expect Andrew himself to comment. He has at least commented on mine once, but I would be surprised if he commented again. He’s the only one running the course and who knows how many students he has.

Anyway, I’m learning techniques in layering sounds, all the way to mixing and mastering. But I’m new at this so everything’s very new. I’m musical and have analyzed pop music structures before. His class brings together all and how he creates music from scratch to finish. That’s gotta be worth a lot right there. As you can tell, I am proud of my creation which isn’t too shabby, if I say so myself.

Get in the wait list, then you can think about it and be reminded. He only does the Learn Monthly class a couple of times a year (I don’t know exactly how frequent). I’m pretty happy about the course and structure and outcomes. We’re halfway through, class ends at the end of April.

Here’s a $20 discount referral from me:
    https://learnmonthly.com/andrew-huang-music?friend=mein-s

@Stiksi said:
    I’ve been interested in Huang’s courses myself, but I just don’t have the money for it. And it seems to be working for you! Very orchestral, I like how you’ve arranged it so that every instrument has a separate function. And it’s a good, solid statement, which I think is unusual for someone just starting out, well done!

The manual could use a search function… you can do it through google, but I can never remember how.

• @Cray23 said:

I don't know, I haven't seen any full-on moshpit metal. The closest I've gotten with NS myself was this industrial stuff that I used double pedal kicks on. One of my first completed tracks in NS.

I guess the problem is that you'd have to pre-record the guitars or use a physical amp sim (or mic an amp) when you record into NS. @mrmein I say go for it if you're feeling metal!

• That’s really good!

@Stiksi said:

@Cray23 said:

I don't know, I haven't seen any full-on moshpit metal. The closest I've gotten with NS myself was this industrial stuff that I used double pedal kicks on. One of my first completed tracks in NS.

I guess the problem is that you'd have to pre-record the guitars or use a physical amp sim (or mic an amp) when you record into NS. @mrmein I say go for it if you're feeling metal!

• Thumbjam has a really cool electric guitar from memory - named something like Hendrix..... Can't figure out why....
    Welcome @mrmein !

• Thank you for the reference, and the welcome!

@Trigger_the_Monkey said:
    Thumbjam has a really cool electric guitar from memory - named something like Hendrix..... Can't figure out why....
    Welcome @mrmein !

• @Stiksi that tune is heavy man! Do some expanded remix of that in future please, it’s Epic;)

• Thanks @mrmein and @Cray23 🙂