Advice Please

Hi. I have NS 1 installed on my old iPad 2. I have also installed NanoSync to my Laptop. I want to create music that I can use as backing tracks on YouTube videos. I have created a few things and managed to email them to myself on my laptop. This is where it all goes wrong. The nsp file cannot be opened. I've read all the relevant stuff in the manual and tried to find advice here amongst the community but nothing found. One thing that's mentioned is to Archive" the project before emailing it. Trouble is,there is no "Archive Button" or "Browse File" in my version of NS1. Would I be better off downloading NS2 onto my Laptop? Would I then be able to, export my projects into Audacity or the like? And, are nsp files uploadable to social media platforms such as YouTube or is there another (hopefully) easier way? Sorry that this is a bit long winded!
Any help would be really really welcome. Thanks all!
Howard

Comments

• Hi @hobojona :)

You could mix down the track on the iPad and email the audio files, then use Audacity or any DAW to edit (or just load them into your video editor as they are).

Mixdown is under Manage and Project:

There is no version of NS2 for PC or Mac. And NS1 won't open NS2 files (and vice versa) since so much has changed.

Hope this helps!

• NSP files are packaged Nanostudio projects with all the samples and presets for that particular project. They open in Nanostudio. Nanosync is used to transfer files between Nanostudio on the iPad and your computer. @Trigger_the_Monkey has a good solution, mixdown the track and transfer the resulting wav file to your computer. This will open in Audacity.

• @Trigger_the_Monkey said:
    Hi @hobojona :)

You could mix down the track on the iPad and email the audio files, then use Audacity or any DAW to edit (or just load them into your video editor as they are).

Mixdown is under Manage and Project:

There is no version of NS2 for PC or Mac. And NS1 won't open NS2 files (and vice versa) since so much has changed.

Hope this helps!

Thanks T T M This really helps and gives me something to work with. I'll try your approach! Much appreciated!
    hobojona

• @Stiksi said:
    NSP files are packaged Nanostudio projects with all the samples and presets for that particular project. They open in Nanostudio. Nanosync is used to transfer files between Nanostudio on the iPad and your computer. @Trigger_the_Monkey has a good solution, mixdown the track and transfer the resulting wav file to your computer. This will open in Audacity.

Briiliant! Thanks Stiksi ! Both you and Trigger-T-M seem to agree on the same solution. I have hope again! Take care and keep well!
    hobojona

• Just to say, thanks, all sorted!
    Cheers guys!
    hobojona