iFretless Sax problem

edited June 2020 in General chat

I’m having an issue with Blue Mangoo iFretless Sax. Approximately a month or so ago I used one instance of this apps Clarinet B flat within two separate songs and there were no problems, worked fine every time I opened NS2. As of late iFretless Sax loads strange now and I get no sound out of it.
I’ve tried opening up iFretless Sax first and then NS2(doesn’t work), I tried refreshing my Auv3 database within NS2( doesn’t help), I’ve also tried within one of these songs to add another instance of iFretless Sax and the same problem. All other iFretless apps work fine with the loading editor and are fully functional when loaded. It’s strange because the last update for iFretless Sax was five months ago so why all of a sudden it just doesn’t work anymore. Any suggestions would be appreciated 😀

Comments

• I should also add that iFretless Sax does fully work as a stand-alone app, I just checked

• I think I had something similar happen with spacecraft. I had 3 running fine for some time, then when loading the project again, they were stuck on loading editor screen.
    It could have been a Ram issue maybe?
    The way I got around it in the end was to switch each instance of spacecraft to another AU synth, then back to spacecraft and they worked again.

Worth a try

• I can access the settings within iFretless Sax but when I press to change the clarinet to some other preset it doesn’t bring up the preset menu( I was curious to try this as an experiment)

• @LeeB said:
    I think I had something similar happen with spacecraft. I had 3 running fine for some time, then when loading the project again, they were stuck on loading editor screen.
    It could have been a Ram issue maybe?
    The way I got around it in the end was to switch each instance of spacecraft to another AU synth, then back to spacecraft and they worked again.

Worth a try

Thanks LeeB I will give it a try a little later( got some non music chores to do🙁😂)
    When I load iFretless Sax I don’t even get the loading editor startup? When I load any other iFretless app I get the loading editor startup and those apps are fine! Very strange
    I’ll let you know how it worked🙏🏻🎧

• @LeeB unfortunately it didn’t work🙁 I found the time now!
    I did a refresh of my iPad to clear the ram
    Opened up both songs that have Sax, made another auV3 track, duplicated the music in the Sax track and moved it to the new auV3 instrument, then I deleted the Sax track
    That new auV3 worked fine. Then I reversed the process back to the iFretless Sax track and deleted that other auV3 track and the same problem🙁
    Guess I’ll look into an alternative auV3 or maybe try to tweak a Obsidian preset to mimick the iFretless Clarinet
    Thanks for your help

• That’s a shame. I’m sure others with that app may be able to help 👍🏼

• @LeeB said:
    That’s a shame. I’m sure others with that app may be able to help 👍🏼

Or maybe buy a clarinet( practice for 30 years and lay an audio track down then😉😁)
    Thanks again🎼

• edited June 2020

@LeeB
    I figured out a solution
    I deleted iFretless Sax and then redownloaded it, opened NS2 went to one of my songs with iFretless Sax ,opened it click to see if it loaded and voila!
    I didn’t have any user presets within Sax( not sure if that’s possible) so it was safe to delete it
    Happy conclusion to this issue just hope it sticks😁

• Great news 😀