Created a song to help a friend deal with depression.

I created this track to help a friend deal with his depression, and in turn it helped me out too.

Logistics - I created the bulk of this track in Nanostudio 2. I used Cubasis 3 to record my vocals and Multitrack Studio to tune them. Vocals are triggered by Slate in NS2. Mostly mixed down with NS2's internal plugins and Barkfilter Tripleband. WOOTT on the bass buss, and Pro-DS on the vocals.

Mastering chain was MagicDeathEyeStereo->NS2's StereoGain->Barkfilter Tripleband->Pro-L2.

Comments

• edited June 2020

Man you really know how to make proper modern sounding EDM track (or what genre is this - i think this is future bass ??) Beat drop is massive, lot of energy !

Anyway respect, production skills - "very high level" :-)

Maybe just one small "criticism" if it can be called this way - what is source of piano ? Sounds a bit "thin" .. maybe you should try just replace it with Ravenscroft 275 ;-)

• Sweet! Great tune! Hope it helps!!

• @jwmmakerofmusic man you got skills! Proper production and mix is proper clean!
    Big ups!

• @dendy said:
    Man you really know how to make proper modern sounding EDM track (or what genre is this - i think this is future bass ??) Beat drop is massive, lot of energy !

Actually mate, it's Melodic/Vocal Dubstep. Although Future Bass, in my opinion, is the evolution of Vocal Dubstep.

Anyway respect, production skills - "very high level" :-)

Thank you so much mate. :)

Maybe just one small "criticism" if it can be called this way - what is source of piano ? Sounds a bit "thin" .. maybe you should try just replace it with Ravenscroft 275 ;-)

It actually was the Dance Piano preset in Obsidian, highpassed to the lowest note played. :lol: I don't own Ravenscroft 275, but if you wanna purchase it for me, that's fine. :tongue: (Context - last sentence is me joking, being a cheeky smart-arse.)

@Jeppan74 said:
    Sweet! Great tune! Hope it helps!!

Thanks mate. :) It seemed to help my friend a bit, but depression took him over again. Thankfully it's not the suicidal sort of depression but rather a "defeated from life" sort of depression. I'm lucky enough to have medical insurance where I can get antidepressants. My friend has no insurance at the moment, and so he's doing the best he can given his circumstances.

@Cray23 said:
    @jwmmakerofmusic man you got skills! Proper production and mix is proper clean!
    Big ups!

Thanks mate. :) Well, credit goes to Nanostudio 2's internal effects to be frank. :) These are easy-to-use, top-tier effects that rival most AUFX out there. This is my bread and butter. Of course I have some AUFX that can't be currently replicated in NS2. The Barkfilter Tripleband hack (it works wonders with synths and bass as well as on the master track, aka my secret sauce). @brambos ' WOOTT, which thank the music gods he created to fill in that gap (it's like OTT but on stereoids (and I misspelled that on purpose for a lame music pun)). MagicDeathEyeStereo (magic musical glue, and includes a handy switch to shave off the super low end below 20Hz). And Pro-L2 or Barricade (depending if I'm on the iPad or iPhone), the most transparent brickwallers. Sometimes I'll use Pro-Q3 to balance a mix if I'm mastering an album, but usually I don't bother with mastering EQs if I'm just mastering a single track. :)

Cheers mates. :)