List of AUv3 Compatible Synth Presets for NS2

Does anyone have a list of synth apps that have compatible presets/patches with NS2? The few standalone synths that i do have that are AUv3 compatible do not have sounds banks that are present in NS2 aside from the “default” setting. Is there any word on when compatibility will be expanded in this territory? seems like a few of my favorite synth apps, like Sunrizer, and be loaded up into NS2 but it can’t be actually used to record within the NS2 environment via AUv3.

Comments

• edited July 2020

@TorrBorr90 said:
    Does anyone have a list of synth apps that have compatible presets/patches with NS2? The few standalone synths that i do have that are AUv3 compatible do not have sounds banks that are present in NS2 aside from the “default” setting. Is there any word on when compatibility will be expanded in this territory?

There's nothing that NS2 can do about this. If synths don't expose their presets to the host then there's no way NS2 can read them. Sunrizer is one such synth. If you load it into another host such as AUM you'll see the same thing.

However, most synths like this have their own preset management systems. There's nothing to stop you from using the built-in presets of the app. Just open the app and browse to the presets in the app. If you have presets that you want saved in NS2's preset system then go back to the preset browser, select the "hamburger" menu at the top right, and tap Save.

seems like a few of my favorite synth apps, like Sunrizer, and be loaded up into NS2 but it can’t be actually used to record within the NS2 environment via AUv3

Sorry, I don't understand what you're saying here. Sunrizer can be loaded, and you can play it. You just can't load the factory presets from the preset browser. Just tap the name Sunrizer, then tap the keyboard icon at the top-left. You'll see the synth and you'll also see its internal preset browser.

But you say "record" so I'm not sure if that's what you're asking about. NS2 doesn't have audio tracks to record to. You can record midi and play it back, and there are ways to export get audio clips into Obsidian and Slate. But ... I get the impression that's not really what you mean. I think you just mean "playing" when you say "recording". Or ... maybe not?