Cray23 - ION Trap

Hi everyone, some more DnB again:D
Made in NS2 with some AUv3 effect used - korvpressor, Saturn 2, Stark, FAC Alteza, FAC Chorus, Blackhole and WOOTT.
It’s quite progressive:D
Enjoy!

Comments

• Wow man. First thing in the morning. I’m awake now - who needs coffee? This is truly exciting stuff. Gotta ask - all the risers and fall offs - are those programmed into the patches? Or is it pitchbend automation? Love your mixing too - a lot going on yet everything is clean and clear. Gotta get over here more often. I get caught up in my own stuff and don’t recharge on new ideas. I am now recharged!

• Yeah that's a high energy and at times brutal sounding track 😎

Nice drum programming, I particularly like the interaction between the drums and the tasty bass.

• @boomer said:
    Wow man. First thing in the morning. I’m awake now - who needs coffee? This is truly exciting stuff. Gotta ask - all the risers and fall offs - are those programmed into the patches? Or is it pitchbend automation? Love your mixing too - a lot going on yet everything is clean and clear. Gotta get over here more often. I get caught up in my own stuff and don’t recharge on new ideas. I am now recharged!

Yep those are pitch bend automations indeed, thanks for kind words;) I was nicely surprised by your music;)

• @richardyot said:
    Yeah that's a high energy and at times brutal sounding track 😎

Nice drum programming, I particularly like the interaction between the drums and the tasty bass.

Thanks man, really appreciate it;)

• Hi there, I'm new to the forum but a long-time user of Nanostudio (1 and then 2), and I am really enjoying discovering all the amazing creations on this forum. 
    @Cray23 This track is amazing and I've listened to some of your other pieces here too and I have to say: Wow!  I'm stunned that this high level of soundscape can be made in Nanostudio. It's also amazing how clear and present every element is in your mix - how do you do that?! Do you have production training? This is an element of the work that I am trying to teach myself ( I'm a musician/composer first and fairly new to mixing/production) and finding it a huge undertaking.... but the potential results (clarity, shine, width, punch) are clear to me! I would love to hear/read any guidance or advice you might be able to offer. Sounds like a lot of people mention korvpressor - I'll have to check it out.. although I wouldn't know what to do with it ! :-D
    So just to say, Bravo and Wow! :-)
    Looking forward to the next one. I'm happy to join this community and I hope to post some of my own things here for feedback soon :-)

• Hello and welcome @bobheads !
    Wow man, appreciate nice words:D
    Well I never had training or any school related to audio but I have been listening lot of music in my life which brought me eventually to idea “how is this really made” and not long after I have seen yamaha RS7000 at my mates and I was sold, that was about 19 years ago. Since then I have owed countless synths,grooveboxes,samplers etc. And ended up using mainly cubase. In many years I never finished any track really:( so I sort of quit few times :D sold everything and buy it again, until ns1 turned up and then ns2 and I think it’s because it clicks with me on every single level I can do couple of track a month sometimes. Now if I start something, I’ll finish it before moving to next project.
    Now to that “how I do it” many would be surprised(most likely laugh at it) how I mix I suppose but I would never say I’m good at it:D for instance I think that I never used groups, all is single channels. I sometimes save my obsidian patches but I barely use them again so I make all my sounds as I go and I believe that helps in mix as you making sound which will fit more into context. You know, if it doesn’t sound good start from scratch, sort of process:D then all channels have eq/filters to totally cut out unwanted frequencies/compressor(almost in all cases it’s ns2 own compressor)
    Most of my drum hits are going through waveshaper(sine, but very little of it) that usually cut it through mix but then it depends on how busy is your mix.
    All settings of those eq/compressors are really done by ear and by looking at spectrum.
    Also lot of dynamics can be achieved with arranging sounds in sequences but I tend to use lot of sounds and that is bit harder to do
    Sidechain is great, although sometimes I totally omitting that(I shouldn’t really I’m just lazy:D)
    I’m not entirely sure if anything I wrote is good advice since I never had any training but for sure I can tell you this, don’t give up and enjoy what you do, more you do it better you get.
    Last thing, I tend to be really self criticising so sometimes if it doesn’t sound good enough I would go ahead and scrap whole arrangement and keep sounds and do it again:D
    forgot to mention Korvpressor, it somehow achieves really nice sound you could anyway get by using multiple ns2 build in Fx’s I believe but it’s just very simple to dial something usable;)

• Hey thanks for all the info! It's true that the more you do something, the better you get :-) I've been playing with sounds and instruments my whole life, and playing around seems to be the best way to get to know stuff. I'm usually pretty happy with the melodic and harmonic elements of the music that appear when I mess around, but I really really want to learn how to better mix and master the resulting tracks. Nanostudio (1 & especially 2) are so good for just picking out a preset and throwing things together quickly and having them sound amazing - but I think I need to get a bit more into the tweaking/sound design side of things.
    I'll pick out some ongoing project(s) to share here and look forward to people's feedback!
    Nice to get your background and I look forward to the next one! (I'm still amazed that you didn't have any producer training ;-) ...actually that gives me hope that I might be able to teach myself too....)

• Holy sh*t!!! :o:o:o
    This is so freaking awesome!! This is exactly my cup of the and you nailed it hard!!