Drum & Bass track for a change

All Nano with 3 instances of Spacecraft thrown in for good measure!
Vid done in STAELLA

Comments

• Bloody fantastic mate!! Right up my alley! And the awesome thing is that though it´s a different genre, you can still hear it´s a Lee B track. Specially with your signature congas :)

• holy f*cking cow .. that is SOMETING ! wow wowo wow ! All what Jeppan said !!

• @Jeppan74 said:
    Bloody fantastic mate!! Right up my alley! And the awesome thing is that though it´s a different genre, you can still hear it´s a Lee B track. Specially with your signature congas :)

Cheers mate, glad you like it 😊

@dendy said:
    holy f*cking cow .. that is SOMETING ! wow wowo wow ! All what Jeppan said !!

Thanks Dendy
    I noticed you were playing with a few D&B beats in Mirack too 👍🏼

• @LeeB yeah yeah yeah! What a clean mix, and composition, more of those please;)

• Thanks mate 👍🏼

• this is super cool, and even though it's not really the kind of genre I make myself, I can appreciate the work that's gone into it and I love the space around the sounds ( and the sounds themselves!). Super clear and bright mixing too!
    I have a couple of questions :-)
    Are the sounds (bass and effects primarily) from Obsidian ( presets or your own sound design/which presets) or are they imported samples ( I assume the vocal parts are imported samples - do you put them into Slate or Obsidian?)
    -and-
    do you program the drum patterns in Slate or are they also sample loops?
    thanks for any info, and I look forward to hearing more!

• edited August 2020

@bobheads said:
    this is super cool, and even though it's not really the kind of genre I make myself, I can appreciate the work that's gone into it and I love the space around the sounds ( and the sounds themselves!). Super clear and bright mixing too!
    I have a couple of questions :-)
    Are the sounds (bass and effects primarily) from Obsidian ( presets or your own sound design/which presets) or are they imported samples ( I assume the vocal parts are imported samples - do you put them into Slate or Obsidian?)
    -and-
    do you program the drum patterns in Slate or are they also sample loops?
    thanks for any info, and I look forward to hearing more!

Hi, thank you 😊

The drums are all single shots programmed in slate. The Bass is one of my Obsidian patches called D Bass. It has some extra processing on it from internal fx, waveshaper, compressor, e.q and stereo filter.
    The vocal bits were just my other half saying ‘your mind’ and thrown into Spacecraft where the pitch is mangled a bit.
    Spacecraft was also used for some of the pad and delayed sounds that change speed with automation.

Here are the D Bass patches for you to have a look at and use as you like

https://drive.google.com/file/d/18PEjwiSGpKxhusDvnuYY4FCfuvDHiYjL/view?usp=drivesdk

Cheers

• @LeeB thanks for the info and the link to the bass patch - I will check it out!
    Spacecraft is added to my long list of 'synths that other people are doing cool stuff with on the iPad'.... along with iSem and Sunrizer - do you have a favourite for pads/atmospherics?

• For me, I only really use Obsidian and Spacecraft for Pad type stuff. Mainly the former, but Spacecraft can do some great granular atmospherics
    I do love Sunrizer’s sound , although I haven’t used it since Nonostudio 2 came out.

Cheers