Korg nanoKEY Studio Bluetooth keyboard not recognized properly

Hello,

When I connect the keyboard via iOS settings, it is not displayed in the NanoStudio MIDI Input options. The work around is to open Korg Gadget, enable it there, at which point is appears in NanoStudio. Am I doing something wrong?

Best,
Michael

Comments

• edited December 2018

Hm, that's strage, i always connect it via iOS settings at it works. Did you try turn OFF nanostudio, connect it and only then run Nanostudio ?

• edited December 2018

@HOLMES_Mark_IV I recommend installing Korg’s own bluetooth midi connector app. It always helps me when I want to use my Nanokey or MicroKey wireless controllers in apps that don’t have full bluetooth midi support built-in.

Bluetooth MIDI Connect by KORG INC.
    https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/bluetooth-midi-connect/id1108321791?mt=8

• @Dendy Thanks, that seemed to work, though I thought I did somethings something similar before. I guess it is a little quirky.

• @tk32 thanks I will install the Korg app in case this pops up elsewhere.

• @HOLMES_Mark_IV said:
    @Dendy Thanks, that seemed to work, though I thought I did somethings something similar before. I guess it is a little quirky.

Same here, thanks dendy. I did the same before and it did not work. Did the same again and it worked. Anyways,... now it’s running - thanks for your assistance! (Btw, yes same David as on AB forums ;))

• edited December 2018

i’m suspicious that sometimes iOS shows “connected” few seconds before it is really fully connected, or it disconnects it again.

So after you connect it, ideally wait 5-10 seconds in that setting screen to verify that connection is stable.

• All I can say is the reliable way to do this is with the BLE Midi app. I’ve never had consistent results with the iOS settings approach.

Matt has it on his list to look at implementing the standard Bluetooth midi dialog. I think it’s a relatively simple standard function to enable. (Hopefully)