To the beta testers/Matt - Any news/updates about audio tracks?

edited September 2020 in General chat

I'm curious as to the status of audio tracks in NS2. How close are we in terms of release? Super close? Not even close?

Comments

• Yeah - everyday I check the appstore for updates, with fingers crossed, held breath, etc...

For me, audio tracks would be great but from a personal point of view I’m really waiting on Auv3 FX automation. And for my workflow, collapsing groups on the timeline (similar to how it works in the mixer) would be nice, as would (as mentioned elsewhere) the ability to insert space into the arrangement in the timeline.

However Auv3 FX automation would make me very, very happy.

• Auv3 FX automation would be the dog's nuts mate. Hopefully soon @Blip Interactive will update us with SOME sort of news. It's been forever.

• I’m curious about this as well I stopped using NS2 as much and bought Cubasis 3 (which is a purchase I never would’ve made).

• Yeah - Cubasis has both audio tracks and Auv3FX modulation (as does Zen - although the workflow is to me counter intuitive to use it despite getting it on its recent free unlocked offer).

I use Cubase on desktop and have been since the Atari ST days (triggering an Akai S950 as a rudimentary audio clip launcher and a smpte-striped Fostex 4 track as 3 “audio tracks” 😁).

However I love Obsidian so what with that and a sense of loyalty to a small independent I’ve continued to stick with NS2 however as time drags on it’s getting harder to justify to myself not jumping ship to Cubasis. Sadly.

• Im Also interested in knowing plus Please @Blip Interactive can you squeeze midi clock sync capabilities in next update please I’m begging in here;)

• edited September 2020

I really love the tracks that I started sketching with NS2. It is hands down one of the smoothest and chill ways to get a track going that I have found on anything ever.

Doing mixdowns has been frustrating though (due to AU mixdown bugs) and I have left NS2 until it gets audio tracks, hopefully with freezing / internal track recording of some sort to work around these annoying mixdown issues and of course more easily import audio.

Sure hope it happens one day!

PS. And of course AU fx automation is a must!

• @TakkAtakk said:
    For me, audio tracks would be great but from a personal point of view I’m really waiting on Auv3 FX automation.

Me too. Not having audio tracks is okay, because that's the way Nanostudio is built, but not being able to automate AU FX makes NS2 almost feel incomplete because you can automate Nanostudio's effects. :/

• @9ine6ix said:
    10 months since NS2 had any update. Consider it abandonware.

I'm sure it isn't abandonware yet mate. I'm just wondering what @Blip Interactive has been doing all this while. Perhaps @dendy can fill us in?

• @9ine6ix said:
    Whatever the situation is, I hope Matt is okay.

Agreed 🤞🤞

• @9ine6ix said:
    Whatever the situation is, I hope Matt is okay.

Also agreed. 🤞