MIDI sync options?

Hi all, I haven’t used NS2 for a while as it’s used for my live rig, and I haven’t been able to perform due to the covid situation. So I’m just wondering, is there any update on the MIDI sync situation with NS2? I want to be able to receive start/stop and song position, but last time I used NS2 these were not supported. Is there any update to this, even if using a plugin or a different host somehow? Thanks in advance!

Comments

• For song position you're out of luck. NS2 doesn't support it, and no word has come down on when any update will be released, and no word other than audio tracks on what is planned.

For midi clock sync and start/stop you can load NS2 into Audiobus 3, then use Audiobus 3 to bridge midi clock to Ableton Link. It does an excellent job.

• thanks man, song position is essential in this case so I will have to look for an alternative :/ at least I know it’s not possible

• edited September 2020

@BjørnFelle said:
    thanks man, song position is essential in this case so I will have to look for an alternative :/ at least I know it’s not possible

Um ... good luck with that one. I don't know of anything on iOS that does follow SPP. Maybe Auria Pro? I forget.

Sorry. 😕

• @number37 said:

@BjørnFelle said:
    thanks man, song position is essential in this case so I will have to look for an alternative :/ at least I know it’s not possible

Um ... good luck with that one. I don't know of anything on iOS that does follow SPP. Maybe Auria Pro? I forget.

Sorry. 😕

no worries man, this was actually for a specific case which I got round another way. I would prefer MIDI sync working on an iOS app though, so I'll keep trying to find a solution. Even if the iOS app is generating the clock and I sync other things to it. As a Reason user I am drawn to the modularity of it