Song (with stills)

Very slowly working with NS2.

Here’s a song:

Comments

• That was lovely, nice work!

You might want to add some EQ tricks to separate out the high airy synths from the bass? I am a total newbie to this mixing lark, and there are many others on this forum with much more knowledge than me, but I’m learning as I go along and your overall mix reminds me of the sounds I’ve been making until I discovered the wonders of EQ to keep things clean and separate from each other - (a process I am still learning, btw!)
    Specifically during the lead sounds at 1:14 and at 1:41, I think it would be lovely to hear the bass more clearly, as it seems to be doing some really nice changes. Perhaps a high pass on all the washy sounds at this point would help? Not a criticism, and as mentioned, I am a beginner at all this mixing side of things so I might be getting that totally wrong, in which case, please ignore me! :-D

Nice sounds and I enjoyed the slow building of layers 👍

• @bobheads
    Perhaps a high pass on all the washy sounds at this point would help

this exactly, i put basically on all synths 36dB hipass (zero resonance) filter around 140-180 hz to split them from bass (NS buildin filter plugin) - exception are sections of track without beat/bass (for example deep pads)

• Thanks @dendy - I must be learning something! (from you!) :):)
    I assume that you use automation then, to remove/deactivate the HP filter during the sections with no bass?

• @bobheads said:
    Thanks @dendy - I must be learning something! (from you!) :):)
    I assume that you use automation then, to remove/deactivate the HP filter during the sections with no bass?

yup, definitely if needed...

• @bobheads said:
    That was lovely, nice work!

You might want to add some EQ tricks to separate out the high airy synths from the bass? I am a total newbie to this mixing lark, and there are many others on this forum with much more knowledge than me, but I’m learning as I go along and your overall mix reminds me of the sounds I’ve been making until I discovered the wonders of EQ to keep things clean and separate from each other - (a process I am still learning, btw!)
    Specifically during the lead sounds at 1:14 and at 1:41, I think it would be lovely to hear the bass more clearly, as it seems to be doing some really nice changes. Perhaps a high pass on all the washy sounds at this point would help? Not a criticism, and as mentioned, I am a beginner at all this mixing side of things so I might be getting that totally wrong, in which case, please ignore me! :-D

Nice sounds and I enjoyed the slow building of layers 👍

Thanks for listening to my music and thanks for the feedback, @bobheads ! Much appreciated. If you’re a newbie to mixing, I’m whatever comes before that. I haven’t really started learning that part, but I’m looking forward to it.

• @internalogic :+1: Enjoy the learning! I'm finding that my ears are getting more tuned to things that are swamping each other and how to fix it. It's brilliant, it's like cleaning your windows and being able to see so much more of your garden's colours... ;-)

• @internalogic nice track, very deep vibe;) I do agree with what was mentioned above by guys and other then that it’s very nice composition;) it’s good to have positive attitude towards learning;) big ups and keep up good work.

• @Cray23 said:
    @internalogic nice track, very deep vibe;) I do agree with what was mentioned above by guys and other then that it’s very nice composition;) it’s good to have positive attitude towards learning;) big ups and keep up good work.

@Cray23

Have not been on here for a while. I'm just seeing your message. Thanks a lot!

• nice work 2 👍🏼