MPE Support

Is MPE support already part of the roadmap?

Comments

• It has been requested. Not sure where it would be on ‘the roadmap’, but I’m guessing it’ll be towards the end of the roadtrip.
    It would be an awesome feature for NS2.

• @SlapHappy said:
    It has been requested. Not sure where it would be on ‘the roadmap’, but I’m guessing it’ll be towards the end of the roadtrip.
    It would be an awesome feature for NS2.

Oh got it, I couldn’t find any discussion about it around here, so I just wanted to make sure it is being considered, even if for a much later date

• I’d like to add here that just being able to play (i.e. not necessarily record) MPE-enabled synths would be great. For some reason it looks like some MIDI messages don’t get all the way through.

• edited October 2020

Another +1 for aftertouch. (I just discovered it isn’t supported: surprising!) I’m by no means a good keyboard player, but when I’m hunting-and-pecking melodies, or drones, I use aftertouch a lot for modulation. It’s a lot easier than reaching for the mod wheel.

I’ve got a small Seaboard, so I guess I’m a customer for full MPE support too, but I haven’t used that as much.

(Edit: I can’t find Mod Wheel as a mod input either. 🤯 What synth doesn’t support the mod wheel?!)

• edited October 2020

I would love to have aftertouch and I did push for it but ultimately, it didn’t happen. I’ll try again after the next big milestone. Full MPE is probably a pretty high stretch goal, it’s much more work to add. Both would be awesome.

@snej said:
    (Edit: I can’t find Mod Wheel as a mod input either. 🤯 What synth doesn’t support the mod wheel?!)

Mod wheel can be assigned to any performance control. By default, it controls Knob 1.
    Mixer - Track setup - Midi controller map

• Another member of team hoping-for-aftertouch here. Mono aftertouch would be plenty for my needs. Would really expand the playability of the synth. One of these days!

If "note repeat" ever lands in Slate, aftertouch would be an obvious/delightful candidate to auto-map to note velocity.

• 1 for Mpe.
      NS2 is awesome, it could be my only tool with Mpe compatibily!
      Have nice Christmas holidays.
  • You can easily convert incoming channel after touch to any cc which you would then map or assign as you please. There are several utilities out there that will do that. I personally recommend StreamByter. It’s extremely fast and reliable. You can literally do anything with midi with this. Just add it as an auv3 midi effect. Open it and inside the command window enter this...
    DX = BX 07 X2
    and hit Install Rules.
    This will remap all incoming aftertouch messages to cc 7 aka midi volume. Replace 07 with any cc controller you want.