Randomise Velocity

It would be useful if there was a randomise velocity feature. Adding this would allow drum programming to become a little easier, giving way to a more realistic sound. Currently it’s tedious to do this manually. Thank you.

Comments

• edited January 2021

Not a single button press? Yes. Tedious? Well, depends what you mean by it, but at least it’s not slow. Here’s how I do it.

Randomize would absolutely be a fun addition, I would love to be able to use it on a number of parametres, especially if you could do multiple at once.

• Thanks but that’s not very precise.

• edited January 2021

@davlinste said:
    Thanks but that’s not very precise.

It’s not precisely random either but you can get any range you want by selecting all notes and using the two drag handles, one on the left and one on the right. One moves them proportionally, one moves all by the same amount. Try it out and you’ll see what I mean.

• You could also move the sample to an Obsidian instance and use a random LFO to control volume and/or filter frequency and/or whatever you want to randomize.

If you also assign a macro knob to that LFO's "Level" control, you can automate the "amount" as you see fit.

• Midi Curve audio unit from Midi tools app will be able to exactly do what you are looking for after turning a few knobs.