Nanostudio V1 on MacOs 11+

Any chance of there being an update to run V1 on MacOS 11+ ? I really would like to work on my old tracks and I felt like I learned a lot with this program. It's a shame to have to stop or learn another program as I really love the sound engine and interface.

Comments

• It’s a 32 bit app, which is not supported anymore. Rewriting it for 64 would have been a massive undertaking, so Matt made Nanostudio 2 instead. You can, however, get an emulator that runs a 32 bit OS which can run NS1.

• @Stiksi said:
    It’s a 32 bit app, which is not supported anymore. Rewriting it for 64 would have been a massive undertaking, so Matt made Nanostudio 2 instead. You can, however, get an emulator that runs a 32 bit OS which can run NS1.

Does V2 have the same capability of running on desktop as well?

I really love the aspect of using it on desktop as I can import my own drum sounds and samples into the app as I did in V1.

• The desktop app was actually just a free demo version for the iOS NS1, but since Matt is Matt, it was fully functional and fairly popular. For the second version, he decided it was unnecessary, so unfortunately there is no desktop version of it.

I get why – it wouldn’t have brought in any money, so it’s just extra work, but I hope he gets excited about the new M1 macs and decides to port it over.

• I would love if he'd reconsider making this for MacOS as well. I know Apple is going to let you use iOS apps on desktop somewhere down the line. So I'm sure he'd be able to make money from that end regardless.

I made a good slew of music using version 1 on the desktop app, and felt like it was super easy to get my drum samples loaded in without worrying about space on my mobile device. Can the same be done on V2?