Wow

Just found out about NS2. Was a user of NS1 from day dot. Why such a departure from the original. I just shelled out to buy it and it the interface feels like such a backward step.

Comments

• @Doccy247 said:
    Just found out about NS2. Was a user of NS1 from day dot. Why such a departure from the original. I just shelled out to buy it and it the interface feels like such a backward step.

I would advise to give it time. It’s actually a massive forward step for me.

• I have to agree with @LeeB here. Give it a bit of time and play around a lot, read around on this amazing forum for tips and tricks, and make a bunch of new things just as ‘learning projects’.
    I was also a long time user and massive fan of NS1 and at first I responded to the changes in NS2 with some reluctance. But now I use it all the time as my main go-to, miles ahead of Cubasis, Auria Pro and others. Basically it’s fucking awesome and I love it, and it just took me a while to get into ‘where things are’ and ‘how to use them’.
    Have fun ;-)

• @Doccy247 to me, interface ergonomics didn’t changed much and most importantly piano roll is same;) as others mentioned, stick with it, once you master it and it won’t take long, you will be spitting tunes out like never before;)
    I have spent lot of cash on desktop software like maschine, cubase pro, tones of waves plugins etc plus hardware but while I do enjoy a lot working with hardware and some software (as long windows 10 isn’t in way) but I cannot produce anything so fast outside of nanostudio 2;) it is so far best interface layout I have ever worked with.