Audio recording tracks.

When will we be able to have a track with audio recordings?

Comments

• Audio tracks will be an IAP in a future update. There is no set time for its release.

• Hi there any news on audio tracks?

• @pheotus said:
    Hi there any news on audio tracks?

+1

• Please oh please Greek gods a blip interactive please give us audio tracks.

• 😭😭😭

• Hello, I came here to look for audio tracks. Has anyone seen them? No? Ok.

• edited June 2021

@djednine said:
    Hello, I came here to look for audio tracks. Has anyone seen them? No? Ok.

I open the track where I have an instance of “Multitrack Recorder” auv3 plugin setup and there they are:

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/multitrack-recorder-plugin/id1483833410

*you can’t record audio from an external source, but I use it extensively for resampling within NS2 (as it sits in an FX slot it can record anything playing on that track - including all FX that are placed above it in the FX chain). As an auv3 you can have multiple instances - even within the same FX chain (I often have instance 1 followed by more FX recorded into instance 2).

• @TakkAtakk said:

@djednine said:
    Hello, I came here to look for audio tracks. Has anyone seen them? No? Ok.

I open the track where I have an instance of “Multitrack Recorder” auv3 plugin setup and there they are:

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/multitrack-recorder-plugin/id1483833410

*you can’t record audio from an external source, but I use it extensively for resampling within NS2 (as it sits in an FX slot it can record anything playing on that track - including all FX that are placed above it in the FX chain). As an auv3 you can have multiple instances - even within the same FX chain (I often have instance 1 followed by more FX recorded into instance 2).

I find MTR too fiddly to use in NS2. What I’ve been doing is creating basic tracks in NS2, doing mixdowns and arranging them in Cubasis. It’s the most reasonable workflow I’ve found for what I do. After spending time (and money) during COVID trying out most of the iOS DAW’s, I still think NS2 is the best for workflow and features. Audio tracks would seal the deal but absent that feature I’m satisfied with the results I get with the NS2/Cubasis combo. 😎👍🏼

• I think MTR sums it up nicely at the end here:

I never use MTR. Is it NOT great for NS2?

• As my comment above states, I use it a lot in NS2, although my usage tends to be (although not solely) for resampling usage. I have never used it for, say, recording an entire indie-guitar band.

• edited August 2021

@SlapHappy said:
    I think MTR sums it up nicely at the end here:

I never use MTR. Is it NOT great for NS2?

The only major not great part of it is you can't record external audio input to it. To make use of external audio recording you need to do so in the standalone version. Once you do that, you can make use of that recorded audio in NS2.

(going from memory here ... I hope that's accurate)

• Yep. I think it it's accurate, based on a search of the topic.

Thinking about this - the addition of Link start/stop makes this a bit less of a workflow interrupter than it used to be. That's a good thing.

• With minimal setup you can use SonoBus to record directly into MTR. This is currently my preferred way of recording guitar tracks as I can run the raw input through MTR and into TH-U.

One other downside (or not, depending on your requirements) is that MTR records 16-bit audio.