newb question - where can i find swing setting?

newb question - where can i find swing setting? Cheers.

Comments

• edited December 2018

realtime:
    (tsp on time in top bar, ten on left tab with red recording icon OR long press on record icon in top bar)

or on recoded notes inside psttern editor
    1/ tap actions > quantization

2/ set it by your taste ;)

• Sweet. Thanks.

• Hey guys, need some input!
    My main method of using swing - adapted from several daws/seqs - is to apply it to recorded clips to taste. To me it seems currently it cannot be done easy. While you get visual feedback of your settings (quantize/swing) the playback doesn't reflect new settings until committed, which isn't ideal.
    And even if you find the right amount with current trial/error approach, it's lengthy to spread it across several clips/tracks.
    How do you guys use it?

Would be great to be able to hear your adjustments while you making them, also would speed up things if you could apply it on clip/track basis.
    +Other simple track based actions like copy/paste, duplicate would be handy.

• It would be handy to have swing affecting without having to click the ‘apply’. I’m applying it, then undoing if it’s not right.

• @rec said:
    Hey guys, need some input!
    My main method of using swing - adapted from several daws/seqs - is to apply it to recorded clips to taste. To me it seems currently it cannot be done easy. While you get visual feedback of your settings (quantize/swing) the playback doesn't reflect new settings until committed, which isn't ideal.

Realtime feedback would be cool indeed but for now, apply/undo is the way to go.

And even if you find the right amount with current trial/error approach, it's lengthy to spread it across several clips/tracks.
    How do you guys use it?

There's currently no way to apply Q to multiple clips or tracks at once. For clips on the same track, you can JOIN them and then go to the part editor and apply Q to the whole thing. If you want to keep them as separate clips, you can duplicate the originals, copy them to a new lane, join, apply Q and then use the slice tool to replicate the original clip boundaries. Probably just as fast to edit each clip though!

• +1 for real-time :)

• @flockz said:
    +1 for real-time :)

• @LeeB said:

@flockz said:
    +1 for real-time :)

Read rest of thread ;)

• @LeeB rec is not talking about recording quantisation but about offline quantisation of existing notes. You know.. that thing we're abusing Matt to actually hear realtime playback during changing swing settings.

• recrec
    edited December 2018

I'm pretty sure it's on the roadmap. Was just curious if there is a trick/workaround in the meantime.
    For now I'll start with finding the right swing amount and applying that to the grid and rec Q.

@dendy
    Do you know to what % of the selected grid 100% swing corresponds to?
    Edit: @Blip Interactive

• edited December 2018

rec no idea :) i always set swing visually based on ghost notes displayed in piano roll - when i feel it might be ok, i apply it .. only in rare cases i need undo it and do again :) For me just visual feedbach is enough, i "hear" it by eyes in my head :mrgreen:

• @dendy
    Well, that's actually quite good advice... my timing usually sucks, but will give it a try.

• my ears sucks too, i alway rely more on eyes :)

• @dendy said:
    my ears sucks too, i alway rely more on eyes :)

:smiley:
    I was actually commenting on ghost notes.

I often close my eyes for fine adjustments.
    Visually pleasing things can often be disappointing.