One more big feature request: NS2 Live

Don’t know if it’s ever been discussed so I’m just letting the chips fall here

Live / scene mode IAP :)

Comments

• edited December 2018

+1 for scene mode! Without it, NS2 is just another traditional DAW.

• edited December 2018

+1

• You can sort of use the Instrument Overview screen as a clip launcher...sort of...

If you stack a bunch of loops in the track view then set the loop marker and switch to Instrument Overview you can Solo, Mute, or adjust individual track volume.
    If there was a way to Quantize the mutes and solos to the bars then it would essentially be a clip player...not sure it was intended for this use but it works.

• @3sleeves said:
    You can sort of use the Instrument Overview screen as a clip launcher...sort of...

If you stack a bunch of loops in the track view then set the loop marker and switch to Instrument Overview you can Solo, Mute, or adjust individual track volume.
    If there was a way to Quantize the mutes and solos to the bars then it would essentially be a clip player...not sure it was intended for this use but it works.

Yeah I had this in mind

https://www.blipinteractive.co.uk/community/index.php?p=/discussion/179/idea-ns2-as-future-loop-player#latest

• @Fruitbat1919 It’s a handy screen to have when the tracks don’t all fit on the mixer screen. Adding some quantized triggers or allowing for macros to control groups of volume knobs would be amazing!

I’ve always played NS1 like a groovebox primarily, rather than sequencing out every automation. This screen makes that easier to do.

• @3sleeves said:
    @Fruitbat1919 It’s a handy screen to have when the tracks don’t all fit on the mixer screen. Adding some quantized triggers or allowing for macros to control groups of volume knobs would be amazing!

I’ve always played NS1 like a groovebox primarily, rather than sequencing out every automation. This screen makes that easier to do.

It’s definitely an area that could be expanded to promote further uses without need for adding any more complexity to the original concept of NS2. If it’s as easy from a code standpoint is for the dev to decide, but there seems NS2 has been designed with further scope in mind :)