Soundfont use

Is it possible to use Soundfonts ? I have a lot of very good sounding Soundfonts, so i would like to use it with Nanostudio 2.

Comments

• Not directly but you can use bs-16i as an AU instrument within the app. https://itunes.apple.com/app/bismark-bs-16i/id388149926?mt=8

• Yes i know , but it is not perfect. It has not much memory for sounds. With Audio Evolution Soundfonts work perfect and i can use for each instrument effects. With bs-16i i must load lots of instances, that is very heavy on cpu load. I tested all DAWS and with soundfonts the quality is very high. Hope that Naonostudio 2 get a soundfont player.

• I spent ages deliberating on SF and SFZ. SF feels really old and SFZ has a million features and confusion over which of these should be supported. In the end I decided to beat my own path with the addition of the IAP and leave support of these formats to an AU where the developer should have more time to deal with it than I do.

• Good call Mr. Blip. You can’t do everything. Let those other devs take up the slack and create soundfont player/synth/samplers/thingies.

@Donny_2017 said:
    Yes i know , but it is not perfect. It has not much memory for sounds. With Audio Evolution Soundfonts work perfect and i can use for each instrument effects. With bs-16i i must load lots of instances, that is very heavy on cpu load. I tested all DAWS and with soundfonts the quality is very high. Hope that Naonostudio 2 get a soundfont player.

I had at least a dozen instances of bs-16i on my iPad Air before I got crackling audio. At some point you just have to commit some tracks to audio, ...or upgrade hardware. Work with NS2 a while and see if you can find a workflow that you are comfortable with.

• @Blip Interactive said:
    I spent ages deliberating on SF and SFZ. SF feels really old and SFZ has a million features and confusion over which of these should be supported. In the end I decided to beat my own path with the addition of the IAP and leave support of these formats to an AU where the developer should have more time to deal with it than I do.

Meh, when it comes to the SFZ format, I use the folder with the sounds to pop them into Obsidian and read the .sfz text to find out where/how to set the zones, root keys, set the loops of the sound files, set the ADSRs, etc. Rebuilding the patches by hand and saving them as Obsidian presets works fine. :mrgreen:

• That sounds like an interesting trick. Does that require code-speak experience?

• Ok, I will try bs-16i. Sorry for the question. Can NS2 use SFZ? I can convert the SF2.

• I read the trick to use SFZ. Thats great. Thank you for that....

• @SlapHappy said:
    That sounds like an interesting trick. Does that require code-speak experience?

Not really. I mean, some words like "lovel" and "hivel" may appear confusing at first, but those simply mean "low velocity" and "high velocity".

I did run into an issue where some of the SFZs in the pack had more than 96 wav samples (32 zones per oscillator), and I searched online to find an SFZ player AU for iOS and found none. A couple of apps, such as Caustic and Lyra in Auria Pro, seem to be able to play the SFZ format, but I'm surprised that no 3rd party AU app can do it yet. (And sure, one could technically convert SFZ to SF2 to use in Bismark, but...

1. I haven't used a PC in over 4 years, and...

2. I don't really care for Bismark).

I may create a Feature Request thread regarding this.

• Cool. Let me know how your project goes. I have the massive soundfont collection from DSK and thought I was going to load them into bs-16i, but I’m having a hard time getting my head around its library file system. Seems awkward to me and their brief ‘manual’ didn’t help none.

• @SlapHappy said:
    Cool. Let me know how your project goes. I have the massive soundfont collection from DSK and thought I was going to load them into bs-16i, but I’m having a hard time getting my head around its library file system. Seems awkward to me and their brief ‘manual’ didn’t help none.

Yeah, I've never got on with bs-16i. And, funny enough, but my SFZ collection is from DSK. :lol: