FR - spring reverb in Obsidian

Don’t know why a Spring reverb algo with some grit and vibe is so often overlooked on softsynths? Very popular reverb sound in modular world and for anyone in to retro sounds (moog grandmother a beautiful sounding example) with ‘that’ character. Pleeeeeease add one!

Comments

• It's funny. Matt improved the reverb algorithm so much that it lost its occasionally sprongy nature. When the convolution reverb IAP lands we should have all the springy glory we can handle.

• Good times ahead :)

• edited December 2018

Hoping that ideally the convolution reverb iap will add those to the obsidian internal reverb options too so it’s saveable as part of the patch, not only as a new type of track insert effect? Obsidian is great and planning to put a lot of time in designing patches. The more that can be done inside obsidian as part of the patch and instantly recalled the better ;)

• edited December 2018

@Cinebient said:

@flockz said:
    Hoping that ideally the convolution reverb iap will add those to the obsidian internal reverb options too so it’s saveable as part of the patch, not only as a new type of track insert effect? Obsidian is great and planning to put a lot of time in designing patches. The more that can be done inside obsidian as part of the patch and instantly recalled the better ;)

If a group could be saved as performance patch you could create, save, recall, copy etc. multi-instrument plus FX chain set-ups as single instrument.
    This is the way i mainly use it in my DAW.
    No iOS DAW seems to can do this yet but i hope NS2 will be the one.
    Maybe a global keyboard (if it‘s not there) to trigger groups or all enabled instruments is needed too.

That would definitely be useful feature to see in NS2.

Not sure how it would work out in this scenario for obsidian though, would need to be as instant and organised as browsing and auditioning ‘normal’ patches in obsidian.

• @Cinebient said:

@flockz said:

@Cinebient said:

@flockz said:

If a group could be saved as performance patch you could create, save, recall, copy etc. multi-instrument plus FX chain set-ups as single instrument.
    This is the way i mainly use it in my DAW.
    No iOS DAW seems to can do this yet but i hope NS2 will be the one.
    Maybe a global keyboard (if it‘s not there) to trigger groups or all enabled instruments is needed too.

That would definitely be useful feature to see in NS2.

Not sure how it would work out in this scenario for obsidian though, would need to be as instant and organised as browsing and auditioning ‘normal’ patches in obsidian.

In most desktop DAWs it‘s mainly the same as searching for presets in a single synth and load all with one click.
    There would be no reason it couldn‘t be as easy as using Obsidian‘s patch browser.

If it’s flexible and instant ‘patch’ load then all good :)

• I have a feeling that for simple quick workflow I’d maybe prefer to just have spring in the obsidian reverb options tho ;) No fuss or opening/closing windows etc to tweak a plugin.