FR: Compressor Ratio

Can we have a slightly wider range for Ratio parameter? Current 7.8:1 followed by inf. could be extended to 12 or even 20:1 and then inf.
Also noticed (but will double check with better headphones) difference between 100% Dry and Bypassed compressor. Is that expected behavior?

Thanks anyway, it's definitely one of the most useable compressors on iOS.

Comments

• edited December 2018

lol that's funny, i literally NEVER used ratio higher than 5-6, so i didn't noticed it ends bellow 10 :lol:

basically by inserting two compressors, each with lets say 1:7, with all settings same, you get 1:14.. or no ?

Just thinking about possible workaround...

Also noticed (but will double check with better headphones) difference between 100% Dry and Bypassed compressor. Is that expected behavior?

You have good ears :) never noticed this too... hard to say if this is expected behaviour, donyou think it should be considered as bug ?

:+1:

• @dendy said:
    lol that's funny, i literally NEVER used ratio higher than 5-6, so i didn't noticed it ends bellow 10 :lol:

basically by inserting two compressors, each with lets say 1:7, with all settings same, you get 1:14.. or no ?

Just thinking about possible workaround...

You have good ears :) never noticed this too... hard to say if this is expected behaviour, donyou think it should be considered as bug ?

:+1:

Yes you are right about workaround, that should be ok. I often use ratio 12:1 or 20:1 as sound desing element basicly distortion :smile: (think UA 1176 for drums)
    Specially if parallel is built in I tend to push it hard and then dial back some dry signal.

I would say it's bug, but can be part of some efficiency routine of the app. It's not that apparent, so not a big deal, just thought worth mentioning if it's indeed unintended.