Can't get track automation to work - volume and pan

I can draw in automation for volume and pan but it doesn't move the mixer levels or change the volume output for the tracks. It looks like it should be working....
Any ideas? Is this something I need to enable somewhere?
Thanks!

Comments

• Make sure this is enabled in the mixer.

• Too easy - thanks Stiksi! I knew there was a way. I think I need to read the manual some more.... Apologies :)

• Oh shit thanks for this!!!! I was bugging out

• Trigger is there a drop down menu to select external audio effects automation so I can draw that in as well?

• @iamhousemachine said:
    Trigger is there a drop down menu to select external audio effects automation so I can draw that in as well?

Not as of yet. On the proverbial list though.

• Thanks 👌👌

• @iamhousemachine said:
    Trigger is there a drop down menu to select external audio effects automation so I can draw that in as well?

You could try setting up a track for the external effect, setting up a send from your track to the effects track, and then automating the send (on the mixer) volume to that track? It isn't the same, but at least it allows you to fade in an effect. If you set up the effect as "pre fader" you can mix the original source down as you mix in the effects track... It is complicated, but it does seem to work.

Another idea along similar lines would be to have a group with your source sound in it and the effects track, send to the effects track, then put a compressor on the group to keep the sound level consistent as the effect is applied; I haven't tried this....

Hope this helps, I don't really know your objective :)

• @iamhousemachine said:

Just realised that track send automation isn't going to duplicate easily (e.g. it won't copy over when you duplicate a part), so if you're doing lots of it you're going to find it difficult....

If you're just doing it for something simple and only doing it in a few places (e.g. as part of a riser or fading in an effect to bring a sound into the foreground of a mix) then it might be OK....