Select mode behaviour

Double tapping a pattern opens the piano roll pattern editor. When using the select tool, especially toggle mode, this behaviour is undesirable. May I suggest that when select mode is active the piano roll cannot be accessed by double tapping. With toggle mode on the goal is to select multiple patterns but this is disrupted by accidentally going into the piano roll editor.

Comments

• @LucidMusicInc said:
    Double tapping a pattern opens the piano roll pattern editor. When using the select tool, especially toggle mode, this behaviour is undesirable. May I suggest that when select mode is active the piano roll cannot be accessed by double tapping. With toggle mode on the goal is to select multiple patterns but this is disrupted by accidentally going into the piano roll editor.

Not clear on what you’re saying. Select is a single tap or lasso.

• When this is turned on tapping into the pattern editor ought to be disabled. If you’re very careful and slow you can toggle numerous cells for the purposes of muting or deleting etc. Actually there’s quite a bit more potential in the select tool for copying cutting and pasting I would add.

• edited December 2018

that would be annoying, to be forced to disable toggle selection mode always when you want go to part editor.. I often for long time work with toggle mode active..

And still it would not solve this completely, because same thing can happen also in single select mode..

Probably decreasing timeout between two taps, when they are processed as double tap, would solve this...

• @dendy said:
    that would be annoying, to be forced to disable toggle selection mode always when you want go to part editor.. I often for long time work with toggle mode active..

And still it would not solve this completely, because same thing can happen also in single select mode..

Probably decreasing timeout between two taps, when they are processed as double tap, would solve this...

It’s only a single tap to select. Don’t see the issue TBH.

• I've felt the pain behind this request for sure.

@dendy said:

Agree that this is probably the quickest way to get the most coverage on this problem.

Harder to implement but more assured (and useful beyond this use case) could be an option to "Restore Last Selection". Like a single level 'undo' buffer for selections. Would be helpful in the part editor as well. Not much room in that Select bar for more tools; maybe labelled "Restore" or re-purposing the UNDO icon?