Perforator AUv3 now more compatible with Nanostudio 2

edited December 2018 in Support

It was reported that one of my plugins, Perforator (a "trancegate" AU effect), could affect subsequent AU effect plugins because it also sends out MIDI CC, and Nanostudio 2 passes those onto the next plugin. As a result you could see weird jumping settings in "downstream" AU effects.

I have just uploaded an update for review at Apple which lets you disable AU MIDI output from Perforator so you can now use it in Nanostudio 2 without weird side-effects.

The update should typically be live in 24-48 hours

:)

Comments

• Sweet! Perforator is one of my favorite effects (and I usually use it with Kosmonaut). Hadn't loaded it up yet in NS2, but it was only a matter of time.

• @brambos said:
    It was reported that one of my plugins, Perforator (a "trancegate" AU effect), could affect subsequent AU effect plugins because it also sends out MIDI CC, and Nanostudio 2 passes those onto the next plugin. As a result you could see weird jumping settings in "downstream" AU effects.

I have just uploaded an update for review at Apple which lets you disable AU MIDI output from Perforator so you can now use it in Nanostudio 2 without weird side-effects.

The update should typically be live in 24-48 hours

:)

Thanks yo!

• Nice one Bram, you deliver the goods!

• Sweet. Thanks Bram.

But now that I know about it, I wanna spend some time investigating/exploiting these so-called "weird side effects"

• Noob question update for Perforator out now, where is this on off switch ? Can find it under app settings or in standalone mode is it the mute bottom left ?

• @jumpercollins said:
    Noob question update for Perforator out now, where is this on off switch ? Can find it under app settings or in standalone mode is it the mute bottom left ?

Hit the “utils” button where you can configure all the other midi settings.

• @brambos said:

@jumpercollins said:
    Noob question update for Perforator out now, where is this on off switch ? Can find it under app settings or in standalone mode is it the mute bottom left ?

Is it possible for NS2 to toggle Perforator on/off during playback? Send midi cc to it or something?

• @brambos said:

@jumpercollins said:

Thanks Bram for the update.

• edited December 2018

@Audiogus said:

@brambos said:

@jumpercollins said:

Is it possible for NS2 to toggle Perforator on/off during playback? Send midi cc to it or something?

I think you can do this with the dry/wet control. But not in NS2 since AU FX automation isn’t there yet.

• @number37 said:

@Audiogus said:

@brambos said:

@jumpercollins said:

I think you can do this with the dry/wet control. But not in NS2 since AU FX automation isn’t there yet.

Yah, I have been automating sends to things like Turnado since I can't automate the 'dictator' in there. Works ok enough for now but yah no way to do alternate Perforations. Would be great if you could set up various Perforator patterns and queue them up ala Egoist.