NS2 for iPhone?

Hello, I’m sorry if this has been answered already, but I couldn’t find a thread for it.

Will NS2 be released for the iPhone?

NS has been my favorite DAW, even before selling my MacBook Pro to make my rent in San Francisco.

I completely rely on my iPhone until I have enough money for a new one and unfortunately none of my iOS Devices will run NanoStudio1.

Blip, I have to say it’s only thanks to you, as invaluable as CORE audio is to me on the go, that I co to us to buy an iPhone being a musician by trade. Your app has been in my life the last 9 years, and ever since upgrading my iPhone 6s in October, it has a been a pain I can barely (pardon the redundancy and dramatics) bear.

If it is being released for the iPhone, do you have an idea when?

Thank you for all your work and contribution to the innovation of electronic music and the providing of accessibility of production in this medium for this generation.

-D4cm

Comments

• NS2 will be optimized for iPhone and released in 2019.
    I’m hoping for spring, but I’m glad to wait until it is fully baked before it comes out of the oven.

• Yes, an iPhone version's in the pipeline and it'll definitely be in the first half of 2019. I'm going to be deliberately sketchy on the actual date because my history of predicting times is halfway between rubbish and appalling. Fitting it all on the phone is a bit of a challenge but it is possible in the same way you can close an overloaded suitcase by sitting on it while you do up the lock :)

• edited December 2018

THANK YOU BLIP!!!!!

• The fact that an Instrument Overview screen exists will make mixing on the iPhone easier than with the NS1 mixer, and that's really the most critical screen for live performing with the app in my workflow. Tapping beats on the TRG 16 in NS1 on iPhone is like playing a fun game with really easy controls, but with more rewarding results ;)
    I like traveling with just carry-on bags so that analogy is much appreciated @Blip Interactive (3 gallon Ziploc freezer bags are great for compacting pants and shirts, probably not much help in GUI design though).
    Whenever it happens is soon enough, the iPad version was well worth the wait!

• iPhone version sounds super handy - great for mobile use, but I’m doing just fine with iPad version right now. Learning the app still, so I do that best when I’m at home and can focus.

• @Blip Interactive said:
    Fitting it all on the phone is a bit of a challenge but it is possible in the same way you can close an overloaded suitcase by sitting on it while you do up the lock :)

Perfect. @Stiksi Can you please create this illustration so that Mr. Blip can use it as the first photo in the app store when released?

• edited December 2018

@Will said:

@Blip Interactive said:
    Fitting it all on the phone is a bit of a challenge but it is possible in the same way you can close an overloaded suitcase by sitting on it while you do up the lock :)

Perfect. @Stiksi Can you please create this illustration so that Mr. Blip can use it as the first photo in the app store when released?

Oh, hey I have that! (Copyright’s sold unfortunately)

• @Stiksi said:
    Oh, hey I have that! (Copyright’s sold unfortunately)

bahahaa. Of course you already have that. It's lovely. Butt impression and side blue penis are perfect.

"If we can just make the weird slime a stretched iPad with NS2 on it, think we're gold."

That is, of course, until the next revision where I have some new "super minor tweak" ideas.

• edited December 2018

You know @Will , that butt print could almost be the Nanostudio logo, come to think of it… it's got most of the main elements.

I think we've just designed the iPhone ad campaign! "A studio small enough to fit under your butt!"

Ok, I'll stop hogging the thread now.