Automation On and Off Button?

This discussion was created from comments split from: Feature requests, bug reports and forum.

Comments

• Automation on and off button? I draw it out but I hear no changes to my loop. Will my audio fix get a drop down so I can also pick to automate? Perhaps a video if anyone can post thx love it

• edited December 2018

@iamhousemachine said:
    Automation on and off button? I draw it out but I hear no changes to my loop. Will my audio fix get a drop down so I can also pick to automate? Perhaps a video if anyone can post thx love it

you need turn on green "R" button, it's in top part of mixer channel.

• I made a change late in the day so that READ defaults to on, meaning that it starts responding to new automation data as soon as it's added.

However, your post has made me realise that the Default project template was created before I made this change, so the automation mode on any tracks which came from the default project will have the behaviour you've reported. I suspect that if you add a new track, automation on that track will work as soon as you add automation data.

I've made a note to fix the default project templates. In the meantime, you could fix your own default template:

• Load Project -> Templates -> Default
    • Add some FX to each track and create some automation data for them
    • Set them all to READ
    • Remove the FX and automation data you added
    • Save back to Project -> Templates -> Default

.. obviously this'll only fix it for future projects you create using that template.