Put me down for not adding so many new features.

Yes, I have feature requests. One, really: An OP-1 tape style effect.

However, with all of the features being requested on this board, I have to acknowledge that there is something I absolutely do not want: a NS2 bloat boat.

I don’t want a 1.3gb data barge à la GarageBand or BM3 or even Korg Gadget (800+mb?). One of the best things about NS2 and its predecessor is that they are so space efficient. I really don’t want to lose that. I deleted other apps simply because of their size.

I know Matt doesn’t want this, either, so I’m willing to forego my feature request if it means keeping the app in the lightweight category, as it currently is.

I hope others share my opinion. If not, that’s cool, too.

Comments

• edited December 2018

Features aren't usually space consuming, they are time consuming :)

Althought, according Einstein time and space is single entity, so probably.. nah. Nevermind, i'm today overworked ...

I hope others share my opinion. I

No doubt. Less is more. Keep it simple.

If i good rememeber, @brambos expressed same opinion regarding NS2 :)

• Many of the features I’ve seen asked for, are pretty small touches to help workflow. Not seen many features that would create a large app or even require much in the way of graphics or design layout changes.

Yeah a few requests have been of the large add on feature type, but not many. Most, you wouldn’t even know they were there unless you read the manual (like many of us don’t lol).

It’s usually the small things that help the most - little touches that just make music making easier.

So I agree with you, but not sure there has many requests that would worry us about the app becoming a bloated mess :)

• edited December 2018

@kleptolia It’s pretty far from ‘feature bloat’ for the foreseeable, rest easy ;) A deep daw shouldn’t really = massive filesize. That’s generally from included samples and bundled plugins. I think Reaper is only like 60mb iirc?

• edited December 2018

@Fruitbat1919
    ut not sure there has many requests that would worry us about the app becoming a bloated mess

No prob, were cool.. just bunch of minimalists here, have patience with us plz :lol:

• @dendy said:

@Fruitbat1919
    ut not sure there has many requests that would worry us about the app becoming a bloated mess

No prob, were cool.. just bunch of minimalists here, have patience with us plz :lol:

Does that mean you record while just wearing your underpants? =)

Also did you know that a minimalist recorder is a didgeridoo? =)

• edited December 2018

lso did you know that a minimalist recorder is a didgeridoo?

Yes, you would't believe I have one :mrgreen:

It was inspiration for Obsidian factory patch "Didgeridoo scream" (play it on lower octave and you will understand)

• @dendy said:
    Features aren't usually space consuming, they are time consuming :)

Althought, according Einstein time and space is single entity, so probably.. nah. Nevermind, i'm today overworked ...

I hope others share my opinion. I

No doubt. Less is more. Keep it simple.

If i good rememeber, @brambos expressed same opinion regarding NS2 :)

Yeah.. I love NS2 for its lean simplicity. Feature creep is a nasty beast.. but I think Matt has a knack for knowing which things to implement and which to leave out.

• To be honest there are only two features I really want and only one I desperately need!
    The two are AU midi record and mini timeline.
    The one I need desperately is the mini timeline - I can’t say enough how much time this will save me not have to sort out my poor timing!

• I think/hope NS2 opens a whole wealth of MIDI processor plug ins to be written over the next couple of years by other developers that could be loaded into NS2, so it doesn't need to become 'bloatware'. This was a really good feature regarding ZMors modular in that Pd patches could be imported into the the modular, thus extending the possibilities of what it could do.

• edited December 2018

@Fruitbat1919
    The one I need desperately is the mini timeline - I can’t say enough how much time this will save me not have to sort out my poor timing!

I'm still not 100% sure if i correctly understand how you imagine this thing ..
    Is there availlable any app (no matter if iOS / desktop) which you can refer as example ?

• @dendy said:

@Fruitbat1919

I'm still not 100% sure if i correctly understand how you imagine this thing ..
    Is there availlable any app (no matter if iOS / desktop) which you can refer as example ?

I will post some examples later on the original thread I posted. Matt did reply and I think he understood what I meant :)

• Ok then it's great :) If Matt understand, i don't need :-D

• @dendy said:
    Ok then it's great :) If Matt understand, i don't need :-D

Too late already posted lol

• @Fruitbat1919 said:
    To be honest there are only two features I really want and only one I desperately need!

I’ve always found your poor timing to be impeccable =)

• @Arpseechord said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:
    To be honest there are only two features I really want and only one I desperately need!

Lmao - that’s it no mince pies for you! :)

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@Arpseechord said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

Hope you’re keeping well my friend🎹🎼👍😁

• @Arpseechord said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Arpseechord said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

I’m as well as the next man....just the next man is my dog and he is well ‘rough’ =)

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@Arpseechord said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Arpseechord said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

I’m as well as the next man....just the next man is my dog and he is well ‘rough’ =)

Excellent🐶 How’s your shed fairing?

• @Arpseechord said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Arpseechord said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Arpseechord said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

Badly! Everything got damp, so I’ve given up on that idea :'(

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@Arpseechord said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Arpseechord said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Arpseechord said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

Sorry to hear that😔
    Too much rain or snow there?💦☃️❄️

• @Arpseechord said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Arpseechord said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Arpseechord said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Arpseechord said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

Sorry to hear that😔

No snow yet. Been having lots of rain though. We did repaint the shed, but it’s just too old and poorly built! What you been up to?

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@Arpseechord said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Arpseechord said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Arpseechord said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Arpseechord said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

Sorry to hear that😔

No snow yet. Been having lots of rain though. We did repaint the shed, but it’s just too old and poorly built! What you been up to?

Not much snow here either, we had lots of rain in the past months.
    I’ve been busy with my art and music making, had a cracked wisdom tooth pulled last week and has been a very good recovery. Sometimes I check out AB forum to keep in “ the loop” lol

• @Arpseechord said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Arpseechord said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Arpseechord said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Arpseechord said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Arpseechord said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

Sorry to hear that😔

I’ve been busy with my art and music making, had a cracked wisdom tooth pulled last week and has been a very good recovery. Sometimes I check out AB forum to keep in “ the loop” lol

Now two forums to follow....O the shame...

• @flockz said:
    @kleptolia It’s pretty far from ‘feature bloat’ for the foreseeable, rest easy ;) A deep daw shouldn’t really = massive filesize. That’s generally from included samples and bundled plugins. I think Reaper is only like 60mb iirc?

...and BM3 is technically 50megs smaller than NS2. But yah, they are probably refering to samples but if that is the case my NS2 is about to become several gigs very soon which for me is a good thing. :)

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@Arpseechord said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Arpseechord said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Arpseechord said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Arpseechord said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Arpseechord said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

Sorry to hear that😔

Now two forums to follow....O the shame...

Well to keep up on the latest news and releases or technical info these forums are great...it’s just to be careful where one treads😃

• Everything seems pretty friendly here on this forum.