Obsidian - Arp - Settings/Type

I am used to the arpeggiators being where you set it to play in a specific order. i.e. as played, random, up, down, etc. With this, it seems that it only arpeggiates based of of the note played with no customizability. Can anyone enlighten me? Is there somewhere I can adjust, or is this a principle of subtractive synthesis?

I am a newbie

Comments

• Obsidian does not have arpeggiator. Some patches uses LFOs in "random loop" which repears one of 16 build-in patterns where you can set how many steps tomrepea... then you can set modulation target for that LFO to "Osc All > Coarse Tune". with proper setting of mod amout you can get arpeggiator - like effect ...

but not real apreggiator for now

another alternative is to use AUv3 midi
    FX arpeggiator, althought i have no idea if any exists at the moment, because i'm not usimg arpeggiators at all :-)
  • StepPolyArp works as an AUv3

• I figured it would, I have and love that, but as I am poking about it my new toy, I thought I would ask and see if I missed something.

• Actually, SPA Unit doesn't show up as an AUV3 in NS2 for me, does it for others?

• edited December 2018

@Breezee said:
    Actually, SPA Unit doesn't show up as an AUV3 in NS2 for me, does it for others?

@Breezee Add a blank track select midi fx within that track and select add midi and then external and then use the send function to push out midi to the instrument track of your choice.

You can use KB-1 for chording this way aswell.

• I take it SPA is an Auv3 FX and not an Auv3 Instrument, yes? If so it'll show up in a different place than the Auv3 instruments.

• @peanut_gallery said:
    I take it SPA is an Auv3 FX and not an Auv3 Instrument, yes? If so it'll show up in a different place than the Auv3 instruments.

That’s correct.

Just tried using Rozeta XOX sending to Slate and Ruismaker FM at the same time works like a charm.

• I've got Rozeta but have never used it. Now that I'm up and running with NS2 I need to figure out what all it does and what I can do with it.

• Has anyone figured out how to record the MIDI fx info into the track? For example, in Cubasis you just add the MIDI fx to an existing track then hit record.... all of that midi data is recorded into a clip in respective the track, then you just power of that MIDI fx, but you still have the info in the timeline in the created clip. Anyway to do this same thing in NS2?

• I don't think it will let you record the incoming Midi as of now...shame...cause it's a really nice workflow...

• not possible currently (record midi fx) but planned for future update definitely... no ETA till yet