Saving Midi Mappings into Project file?

edited December 2018 in Support

Hi there, really enjoying NS2, discovering new stuff every day, haha!

What I learned today is the button receive midi messages also when you dont hav the channel selected. I mapped all channels to corresponding faders on my Korg Nano Kontrol 2, based on the name it should be a good combo for NS2 ;)
I was assuming that all of my midi mappings would be saved into the project file somehow. But this is not the case. I was pointed to the midi mappings saving feature but if I dont miss something here I have to recall my midi mappings for every channel separately!? I cant believe that for this well thought through App... so I hope I am missing/overseeing a sort of save Globalisierung mappings, or „save midi mappings into project file“ feature — thanks for support!

Comments

• If I'm understanding you correctly, I don't think that's possible at this point. You can save default CCs for a particular controller but you can't save the MIDI channel settings separately.

What you can do is create a new project template with your mappings set. Then, whenever you create a new project, use that template and the mapping should be intact. I say "should" because I haven't actually tested this with regard to external MIDI mappings.

You can save the template with any name you want but if you use the name "Default" it will indeed be the default template used when you create a new project (without having to specifically select it each time).

Can read a little more about templates here: https://www.blipinteractive.co.uk/nanostudio2/user-manual/Project.html#project-templates