Audio track recording NS2

NS2 is a great DAW but needs that stereo audio recording tracks to bring it up to the next level.
I can create a mixdown on NS2 then share with cubasis to add a vocal/guitar section but NS2 Really needs this option soon......
Another idea. Freeze tracks like in cubasis you can freeze a midi track which then becomes audio therefore freeing up cpu and if freezing an AUv3 this means you could have the same AU playing hundreds of times with no issues because each one would be frozen.....

Comments

• Audio tracks are on the roadmap for addition at some point (so sayeth the dev)

• I will wait in hope.

• @zippymoon said:
    I will wait in hope.

Have you tried using the sampler for certain audio section on the mix? I know it’s not full audio tracks, but for some uses it’s helpful to free up some processor use from some of the more hungry AUs

• Yes i have.
    I also have some old Future music sample CDs with some great sounds on that i am thinking of having a go at.
    Some old drum & bass loops.
    Maybe even sample donald trumps voice in there somewhere...

• edited December 2018

Audio tracks for sure somewhere in next year. Not ETA till yet, but sooner or later they will be there, you don't need be afraid :)

As @Fruitbat1919 said, for now there is well known workaround used by many users in NS1 - use Slate pads for triggering samples. If you not need too long audio recordings (like few minutes long and so on - bear in mind that Slate loads all samples to memory), this method works well.

• I mainly do vocal tracks on cubasis but i found a mixdown in NS2 Then share to Cubasis works for me at the moment.

• @zippymoon said:
    I mainly do vocal tracks on cubasis but i found a mixdown in NS2 Then share to Cubasis works for me at the moment.

Yeah I’ve still got Cubasis in my workflow. NS2 is great for using with further DAWs, because you can not only export audio stems, but with a little work around you can make whole track midi stems for export.

• edited December 2018

Does Cubasis suport LINK ? Then it would be teoretically possible use both simultanously, perfectly synced, and use Cubasis just for audio tracks and rest do in NS2. Then at the end just do export from NS and do final mixdown in Cubasis.

• Yes, I'm looking forward to audio tracks too. Until then it's refreshingly straightforward to mixdown loops via the project menu and load them into either Slate or Obsidian's sample oscillator for playback. Or to import anything tempo synced, for that matter. This works great for recording external MIDI instruments then bringing those sounds back in (i.e. IAA, VSTs, hardware etc.)

• @dendy said:
    Does Cubasis suport LINK ? Then it would be teoretically possible use both simultanously, perfectly synced, and use Cubasis just for audio tracks and rest do in NS2. Then at the end just do export from NS and do final mixdown in Cubasis.

Not as yet, unless I’m blind lol.

I tend to do most of my initial song structure in NS2 and then do a quick stereo mix to play in any IAA, audio parts, AUs that hog processor or Noise app playing. I use Auria for final mixdown.

• Not as yet, unless I’m blind lol.

Pity. Is there any Link enabled app with audio tracks ?

• No link on Cubasis. 🤪

• It's time to made request attack on Steine's forums :trollface:

• @dendy said:
    It's time to made request attack on Steine's forums :trollface:

Doubt it would make much difference. They tend to listen very well to what we say, but they will hardly ever tell you what’s coming - they are quite strict mostly on never promising anything until they release the update. The bloke who goes on the AB Forums is easy to talk to and very helpful, but they will never get into what’s com8ng next!

• @dendy said:

Auria has Link, but I’ve never used it as I only ever use Auria for that final mix

• edited December 2018

I'l have it a try .. definitely searching for some smooth workaround which i will then able suggest to people who wants use NS2 but needs long audio tracks.. In my head two apps synced by Link might work for this use case perfectly as temporary solution ...

• As mixdowns in NS2 are "wav"
    files its quick and easy once you create your song, to save it as a mixdown where it will save in the ios file folder then pop it into cubasis. Then from there add more tracks vocals ect..

Or just create a nice drum loop on NS2 mixdown into cubasis for more drum loops/arpeggios
    Its all good fun.....😎

• @dendy said:

BeatMaker 3. Disk Streaming and realtime audio stretch too.

• edited December 2018

@number37

hm, somebody told me recently that LINK is broken in BM3 ... or it does work ?

btw realtime audio stretch works just in sampler, not in audio tracks, or i'm wrong ?

• edited December 2018

@dendy said:
    @number37

btw realtime audio stretch works just in sampler, not in audio tracks, or i'm wrong ?

Don’t know about link but you can resample bars to pads if want to real-time timestrech an audio track or part of it ;)

• edited December 2018

This was my original question :-)

Is there DAW with audio tracks and working LINK ?

• @dendy said:
    This was my original question :-)

Is there DAW with audio tracks and working LINK ?

Lol. You’re welcome.

• Guessing you didn’t grab bm3 when it was free and can’t check link?

• edited December 2018

Auria. I got asnwer from @Fruitbat .. will give it try, even old auria without midi will be ok for this purpose... curious how it will be reliable and stable

• Sounds like workflow hell to me...good luck :)

• @dendy said:
    @number37

Realtime stretch works in both the sampler and the audio tracks in BM3. Link works fine for me.

• @blueveek said:

@dendy said:
    @number37

Realtime stretch works in both the sampler and the audio tracks in BM3. Link works fine for me.

Whaaaaaaaaat!?! I always thought audio tracks didn’t timestretch!? Good times :)

• @dendy said:
    I'l have it a try .. definitely searching for some smooth workaround which i will then able suggest to people who wants use NS2 but needs long audio tracks.. In my head two apps synced by Link might work for this use case perfectly as temporary solution ...

AUM is great for this. For my purposes at least. It might be too limiting for users who want to make detailed edits before bringing audio back in but I’d go to the desktop for that stuff anyway (guitar lines etc.). For simple quantised clips and stems I’ll be using AUM.

• edited December 2018

@blueveek said:

@dendy said:
    @number37

For some reason I can't Link BM3 and NS2 without massive drift. If I then host BM3 in AUM it links fine to NS2.

• Mixdowns for what can be done in NS2 of course.