Audio track recording NS2

2»

Comments

• @dendy said:
    Auria. I got asnwer from @Fruitbat .. will give it try, even old auria without midi will be ok for this purpose... curious how it will be reliable and stable

Auria doesn’t support Link.
    BM3 Link works. Could be some time drift issues or something, I haven’t seen them. Time stretch and disk streaming work on any audio, including audio tracks. Another nice thing about the audio it can be chopped to pads and a pattern automatically set up to play back the pads in order, to re-create the original. This makes it easy to mangle from there.

Not advocating for BM3 here - just putting out information.

• @number37 said:

@dendy said:
    Auria. I got asnwer from @Fruitbat .. will give it try, even old auria without midi will be ok for this purpose... curious how it will be reliable and stable

Auria doesn’t support Link.
    BM3 Link works. Could be some time drift issues or something, I haven’t seen them. Time stretch and disk streaming work on any audio, including audio tracks. Another nice thing about the audio it can be chopped to pads and a pattern automatically set up to play back the pads in order, to re-create the original. This makes it easy to mangle from there.

Not advocating for BM3 here - just putting out information.

Yeah I mistook the Auria Link for being Link, as I said, I’d never used Auria in that way, so was mistaken :)

• Semi-related... I've been meaning to try this but haven't yet. I'll leave it here there in case anyone is up for an experiment.

Basic idea: Using LINK to sync them up, record audio into LoopyHD and then use a NanoStudio MIDI track to control Loopy's track on/off states and/or volumes and/or...

• Audio parts for me at this stage in the process are usually put down after I have some track basics laid down. For myself then, doing a quick stereo audio mix for cubasis and then doing the audio to that track is easy enough. Then just use the audio bits triggered as samples if I still need to do track structuring in NS2.