Nanostudio 2 Songs Megathread

Comments

• Here’s another one I just “finished” (if you can call it that).

• First piece is out. At least the first version of it.

• @LucidMusicInc nice job on that track. Love the round bass in the kick and the slight width in the bass synth.

• @dendy said:

@nkdvkng said:
    This isn’t the acoustic pack one I promised. This one is all trap pack volume one. And factory.

O man this is sooo good ! Very fat juicy sound. Every one track you post here is better than previous one, looking forward to your next tune :)

@Trigger_the_Monkey said:
    Another one I've created as an experiment in recording audio. The vocal and the electric guitar were recorded as samples, then manually chopped and placed within the track using a Slate kit. Possible, but fiddly.... Probably would have been easier in hindsight to try to record each audio in a single take.

Also good one. Nice to hear also some real instruments in action ! Yeah Slate workaround replacement for audio track have some disadvantages but.. time goes fast. We will made few more songs and then suddenly update with audio tracks will be here :)

Thanks Dendy! I appreciate your support!

• @LucidMusicInc said:
    First piece is out. At least the first version of it.

<3

• Just started this one last nite. Going for some sexy vibes

• Some cool tracks guys!

• edited December 2018

This is definitely going to be the thread I check first when I visit, love to hear and see how everyone is using NS2!!!
    As someone who typically makes downtempo/chill/boombap type beats this is quality edu-tainment. I'm picking up tips and techniques from other genres that I want to incorporate into my workflow!

It's pretty interesting to observe how everyone arranges and composes in their own ways in the same app!

• @nkdvkng those are nice sounds. It’s a cool listen.

• @nkdvkng I could hear some Sade on that one!

• @3sleeves said:
    @nkdvkng I could hear some Sade on that one!

@kleptolia said:
    @nkdvkng those are nice sounds. It’s a cool listen.

Thanks team! Digging the vibes you all are making as well !!

• edited December 2018

Here’s a little jam from the other night. I like using NS2 for live mixing loops with effects:

The animations were made in Rough Animator and the video was edited in LumaFusion.
    Hope you enjoy this offering (I understand this forum may not necessarily be the typical demographic for this stuff...not sure who is though).

The only AU in this is FlyTape, which is only on when live tweaking. The Main Mix track is sent into a separate track where the effect is applied, this way the main mix stays constant and the tape tricks aren’t as abrupt...works like a limited range wet/dry control for the AU and helps boost the volume.

Two of the Obsidian patches and this Slate kit are all posted in the Megathread.

• @3sleeves said:
    Here’s a little jam from the other night. I like using NS2 for live mixing loops with effects:

The animations were made in Rough Animator and the video was edited in LumaFusion.
    Hope you enjoy this offering (I understand this forum may not necessarily be the typical demographic for this stuff...not sure who is though).

The only AU in this is FlyTape, which is only on when live tweaking. The Main Mix track is sent into a separate track where the effect is applied, this way the main mix stays constant and the tape tricks aren’t as abrupt...works like a limited range wet/dry control for the AU and helps boost the volume.

Two of the Obsidian patches and this Slate kit are all posted in the

Damn this track is nice man. The loops are dope. Can’t wait til audio tracks comes out. Live song making while using stuff like fly tape as well, will be dope!

• edited December 2018

@3sleeves <3 goes to music and video both !! spread this video everywhere possible, this is great AD for Nanostudio :) Btw. like your avatar photo in top right corner :))

Btw you can go from MIXER view DIRECTLY to effects section of channel, you don need tap bottom label and then FX tab.. there blue text "Audio FX" if you have some FXs on channel, you can tap this blue text and it takes you directly to FX ;)
    All those small texts on right side of fader are shortcuts to corresponding channel detail view tab

• Another one I did this morning.

• @dendy Thank you!!! That’s quite a compliment!
    I’ve shared it on YouTube and Instagram, and rode my horse through the village ringing a bell and shouting out NS2 praises😄

Always forget those text button exist, still getting acclimated I guess, will remember that for future jams!

@kleptolia another solid track, love your drums on this one especially...is that a factory kit by chance?

• @3sleeves no, not this time. This was a bunch of Korg minipops and dd-1 samples. The other drum loops were from Elektro Guzzi. It’s a track I made for a remix contest on Metapop. It won’t win, but it also wouldn’t have won if I didn’t enter it at all, so...

Thanks for the feedback! It’s cool to see people like you and Viking on here making music, instead of posting about features and limits and whatever. Lots of talented folks on this site. I’m learning a lot of tricks.

• bunch of pretty fucking talented people here ! @kleptolia great one !

wondering that so quickly after release soo much full-length very good tracks !

• edited December 2018

Put together a very quick track using Bit Shape TC Data app updated today with Audiobus Midi support and state saving to push through to Obsidian using AB virtual bridge using the drag crazy 4 pad X Y on TC Data to control the 7th Heaven preset in Obsidian.

• @tom_tm thanks! The crazy thing is that it’s only 5 instruments. 2 Slate, 3 Obsidian, no extra fx busses. Amazed at the amount of sound in this app, once you start figuring out how it’s arranged.

Thanks for the music, Blip!

• @kleptolia Always good to see people creating new music...although I have posted a feature request on this form, the lack of that feature doesn't diminish my enthusiasm for figuring out NS2!
    Hopefully we'll see more people posting here soon.

I was gonna guess maybe some Roland CR78 hits, forgot about the Korg Minipops. Nice sounds!

@jumpercollins Very chill vibes, those pads sound great!
    I could imagine that as part of a soundtrack to a laser show at a planetarium...kind of makes me think of that scene in Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure when they stop in the future, where Rufus is from, you know what I mean?

Man, I love this thread!

• @3sleeves said:
    @kleptolia Always good to see people creating new music...although I have posted a feature request on this form, the lack of that feature doesn't diminish my enthusiasm for figuring out NS2!
    Hopefully we'll see more people posting here soon.

I was gonna guess maybe some Roland CR78 hits, forgot about the Korg Minipops. Nice sounds!

@jumpercollins Very chill vibes, those pads sound great!
    I could imagine that as part of a soundtrack to a laser show at a planetarium...kind of makes me think of that scene in Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure when they stop in the future, where Rufus is from, you know what I mean?

Man, I love this thread!

I’ve posted a feature request, too. An OP-1 style tape effect. However, I’m not going to let that distract me from using a great app, and it doesn’t look like feature flaws are stopping you, either.

Music is going to be made, and that’s what it’s all about.

You’re right: this is a great thread!

• @3sleeves said:

Two of the Obsidian patches and this Slate kit are all posted in the Megathread.

That is so chill...It really made me smile. Thanks!

I haven't tried to live jam yet, and that's inspiring. And I hadn't seen that tape AU, but I'll remember it. Nice.

• @LucidMusicInc said:
    First piece is out. At least the first version of it.

This is really nice, and a good example of why I need to remember the power of simplicity - thanks for posting with a video so I can see how what you've done - I'll be checking this video out in future and learning from you :)

• @Trigger_the_Monkey
    This is really nice, and a good example of why I need to remember the power of simplicity - thanks for posting with a video so I can see how what you've done - I'll be checking this video out in future and learning from you :)

I’ve got some sound design tutorials planned and a second version of this song could be out next week

• @LucidMusicInc said:

@Trigger_the_Monkey

I’ve got some sound design tutorials planned and a second version of this song could be out next week

Good news :) Where on the forum would people post tutorials? Is there a sticky thread somewhere?

• Latest track, started as an experiment taking audio from NS2 and mangling it in Sector (the result is the rhythm track) - workflow is excellent after a little practice, so I'll be doing more of that in future :)

That sounded like a geiger counter, so the track then turned into a pensive soundtrack to a hospital radiology visit.... Technetium-99m is injected and allows a gamma camera to video bloodflow through your body and your organs in amazing detail. But sadly you don't get to glow in the dark...

• @3sleeves that’s a sweet- soundingtrack. Like early 90s hip hop for the glitch age.

• @jumpercollins your song is very pretty. Thumbs up.

This discussion has been closed.