Does the limiter lookahead catch the very first transient? [RESOLVED]

2»

Comments

• @Nyanko ok, looking forward to info from you ...

• @dendy said:
    so, you are talking basically about limitation like this

• every project would have top level channel, fixed, not possible to delete

• it will be not possible to add another channel on same level of hieratchy like that top level channel - most too accessible level in mixer hierarchy for new added channel would be child-level of this top cgannel

• it will be not possible to drag child channels out of this channel

• it will be always hard routed to HW out 1/2.

• and named "MASTER" with disabled rename tool

Is that precise descriptiption of solution for issues described here ?

If I'm understanding the proposal correctly, this breaks the multiple out goodness included with the app.

I might be misunderstanding part of the problem statement but how about something a little simpler:

• If a track named "MASTER" exists, tapping "Add Track" defaults to creating tracks as a child of that one.
    • If a user tries to delete a track named "MASTER", throw up a OMG R.U.SURE?? warning.

For now... create a default template with your desired routing set up, including a "master bus". When you add a track, be sure either that master bus or one of its children are selected.

Maybe there could also be a slight UI tweak in the MIXER to indicate that a track is at the root level.

• edited December 2018

If I'm understanding the proposal correctly, this breaks the multiple out goodness included with the app.

not really.. you can switch track audio output from "parent" to "hw audio" and choose any available output for any track in hierarchy.. even now you can have tracks as childs of "master" but still you can send audio of any of them instead to master (parent) directly to HW out.

• Ah, so it only breaks the assumed directory structure abstraction. No biggie.