iVCS3 question

edited December 2018 in General chat

How do I access the presets in this synth. Even after a refresh in the manage section I only get the default sound

Comments

• edited December 2018

@Arpseechord said:
    How do I access the presets in this synth. Even after a refresh in the manage section I only get the default sound

Some AUs doesn’t expose presets to host app.. This is obviously the case... Only thing you can do is ask developer of that app to add this functionality :(

Btw here is full list of potential issues with AUs which are more or less beyond control of host (NS in this case)

https://www.blipinteractive.co.uk/nanostudio2/user-manual/AUInstrument.html#au-compatibility

• @Arpseechord said:

Yeah, the iVCS3 AU implementation seems incomplete - you can only access the VCOs and not the whole product... though it is cool that you can use the VCF as an FX plugin. The iVCS3 is one of my favorites so I hope ape will update it.

• @dendy said:

@Arpseechord said:

Some AUs doesn’t expose presets to host app.. This is obviously the case... Only thing you can do is ask developer of that app to add this functionality :(

Btw here is full list of potential issues with AUs which are more or less beyond control of host (NS in this case)

https://www.blipinteractive.co.uk/nanostudio2/user-manual/AUInstrument.html#au-compatibility

Thanks for the info! Looks like I’ll send Apesoft a friendly request :)

• @toneman said:

@Arpseechord said:

Yeah, the iVCS3 AU implementation seems incomplete - you can only access the VCOs and not the whole product... though it is cool that you can use the VCF as an FX plugin. The iVCS3 is one of my favorites so I hope ape will update it.

Truth be told this is the first time I’ve attempted to route iVCS3 as an au3 in a setup so I was kind of surprised to see an issue
    Beautiful filter in there though😎🎹🎧

• edited December 2018

iVCS3 is in the process of being updated to ‘full synth’ AU (hopefully not long now - it is happening). It’s always been a strange one.

• @colonel_mustard said:
    iVCS3 is in the process of being updated to ‘full synth’ AU (hopefully not long now - it is happening). It’s always been a strange one.

Good to know, might hold off now contacting them, don’t want to impede their progress! ;)=)
    Very good news though

• edited December 2018

Host apps ask the AU for its list of presets, and the AU returns that list to the host. Mostly that works OK but there are a few gotchas:

1. A few AUs don't expose that list to the host, even though they're available from within the AU's editor. In this case, a friendly request to your local AU vendor would be the best move. But before you do that ...
    2. Some AUs will return that list, but only once they've been run once in standalone mode (possibly also with the additional step of installing content)
    3. Once NanoStudio has obtained the list from the AU it puts it in a database for fast access. The database will be automatically updated if the AU's version changes (eg. due to an update), but it has no way to spot changes due to other reasons (without loading the AU). So if an AU has additional IAP presets you've just installed, you may have to manually refresh NanoStudio's patch database:

AU Instrument -> PATCH page -> MANAGE -> Refresh
  • @Blip Interactive said:
    Host apps ask the AU for its list of presets, and the AU returns that list to the host. Mostly that works OK but there are a few gotchas:

1. A few AUs don't expose that list to the host, even though they're available from within the AU's editor. In this case, a friendly request to your local AU vendor would be the best move. But before you do that ...
    2. Some AUs will return that list, but only once they've been run once in standalone mode (possibly also with the additional step of installing content)
    3. Once NanoStudio has obtained the list from the AU it puts it in a database for fast access. The database will be automatically updated if the AU's version changes (eg. due to an update), but it has no way to spot changes due to other reasons (without loading the AU). So if an AU has additional IAP presets you've just installed, you may have to manually refresh NanoStudio's patch database:

AU Instrument -> PATCH page -> MANAGE -> Refresh

All very good to know Matt! Never hurts to be extra friendly to developers when requesting features :)