Are linked clips working properly?

I’ve duplicated some clips with the “linked” option enabled, but the clips don’t show the little chain icon that the manual says they will. I was assuming that editing the “master” clip would then cascade those changes to the linked clips, but it doesn’t. They still function as independent clips. Have I misunderstood something, or does it just not work right now?

Comments

• edited December 2018

100% working..

you probably just made short tap on duplicate , which creates not linked copies, and not long press and hold ?

After long press menu appears with button "linked" which you need first check, and only then press 2x or 4x or other count ... to create linked copies

For making another linked copy from already existing linked copy is enough just single tap on duplicate button - single tap simply creates same type of part (linked or unlinked) like the duplicated one.

• Ah, I didn't realise I had to select one of the count options. I thought I just long pressed on "Duplicate", enabled "linked" and then tapped "duplicate" to create a linked copy. This makes sense now and I've been able to get it working. Thanks! :)

• You should also try select clip, then in properties select "cycle" and try drag right handle which normally works as clip resize ... this is handy too ;)

• @dendy said:
    You should also try select clip, then in properties select "cycle" and try drag right handle which normally works as clip resize ... this is handy too ;)

Oh my... it's a bit like Blocks in Reason. That makes things much easier!