Nanostudio 2 Songs Megathread

Comments

• Holy shaaaaat. That was amazing. Filled the stereo field and mix was also on point. 🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼 Reminded me of a modernized take on old school roni size and reprazent and metalheadz days

@Cray23 said:

Finally sort of finish first tune , all internal stuff no factory presets some samples from old sci-fi gpl film cosmos war of the planets. I could definitely fiddle with eq and compressor but I just want to start something new:DDD Enjoy

• @kleptolia said:
    @3sleeves that’s a sweet- soundingtrack. Like early 90s hip hop for the glitch age.

I like that description 👍

@Cray23 That was amazing! Those drums were definitely on point. Like @nkdvkng said, got a real Roni Size vibe on that beat! Those vocal samples were well done too, I especially like the part around when they fire the laser🤘😎

• @dendy said:
    Interactions. Every single particle in our bodies, around us, in whole universe. Trillions of trillions exchanges of information in every second. They define us. They define everything. We are made of interactions We are just pure information..

Wow!
    That was an experience!

• edited December 2018

Made this with the drum kit @3sleeves uploaded earlier this week.

https://bsta.rs/r6n099

Artwork by 3Sleeves

• Haha them smooth mcgrooves 😎

@3sleeves said:
    @nkdvkng got me like

• Looks like it’s time to get on this horse. 🤪
    Here’s a ‘first track’ exploration that is 100% native NS2. There’s a lot to love with this app...glad we’re all able to benefit from it.

• @3sleeves said:
    @nkdvkng got me like

This cannot be more accurate. THAT groove !! I realized that i'm moving exactly that way during listening :lol:

nice ambient atmospheres !

• @Stiksi @Cray23
    Hey guys, thanks for sharing your creation. Brilliant DnB stuff. Finally someone contributing some DnB love in the mega song thread. I love both of your drums programming. So good. Keep them coming. I am still trying to get one day my head around a whole track. I only have some stems I like for a moment and after a few hours I abandon them.
    Keep them coming!

@theresthereinthethread
    Wow, the Niveau of production in this thread is amazing. Inspiring to hear all those different styles and genres! What a cool forum!

• This is my second track in NS2. It doesn't really fit any specific genre. Mostly Slate/Obsidian along with a Zeeon lead and some acoustic guitar that I grabbed from an old discarded song:

• @richardyot welcome in nanostudio songs tread :-) That's one proper nice mellow chill !

• @dendy said:
    @richardyot welcome in nanostudio songs tread :-) That's one proper nice mellow chill !

Thanks!

• edited December 2018

@nkdvkng said:
    Made this with the drum kit @3sleeves uploaded earlier this week.

https://bsta.rs/r6n099

Artwork by 3Sleeves

Ah, great bouncy flow and that piano has a distinctly Eden sound, which I particularly like.

@richardyot said:
    This is my second track in NS2. It doesn't really fit any specific genre. Mostly Slate/Obsidian along with a Zeeon lead and some acoustic guitar that I grabbed from an old discarded song:

Easygoing and melodic, I like it, could go full-on electropop with the appropriate vocals, but could go in a totally different direction with different vocals, so I get what you’re saying about not fitting a specific genre.

And many thanks to @david_2019 🙂

• @Stiksi @dendy thanks for the love !! 😎😎😎

• Damn, some pretty amazing tracks in this thread. Such quality coming out after only a short time of use. Really inspiring. Keep it coming!

• @dendy are most of these tracks on SoundCloud? We should find a way to showcase these on the main page. Truly phenomenal work and across so many genres.

The only thing I hate when hearing this stuff is it highlights how sad and shitty radio and the music industry as a whole has become to me. Some of the best artists out here on forums while radio is just filled with the same rehashed hooks. Not to go negative, but it's hard for that fact not to hit you when hearing this kind of stuff.

• Tripping and blissing out here. And I'm not even high! Promise!

Literally listening on repeat and lifting my mood like nothing else. Gotta start digging back to earlier pages and form my own playlist somehow here.

• Here’s a new one I dropped. It’s similar to something 21 Savage would rap on with production by Metro Boomin. Hope you guys enjoy.

• Something new!

• Wow. Loving these buildups. I wish I had the patience to build a track like this. I guess there’s added benefit being a trap producer haha. What’s the tracks that have no names and are gray with red dots for ?

@LeeB said:
    Something new!

• @nkdvkng said:
    Wow. Loving these buildups. I wish I had the patience to build a track like this. I guess there’s added benefit being a trap producer haha. What’s the tracks that have no names and are gray with red dots for ?

@LeeB said:
    Something new!

Cheers mate!

The arranging is the most painful part for me. I can knock the parts up in no time, but laying it all out is a chore 😩
    The tracks with no name are extra lanes added to the instrument. Select the instrument you want to add extra lanes to, then long press the + in the bottom left hand corner of the sequencer and select add extra lane.
    Handy for variations or for recording automation on to 😉

• edited December 2018

@LeeB Fucking great track. I know that i'm saying it basically on every your track cause i strongly like you'r style :) But this one is realy above you'r standard. Very hypnotic !

The tracks with no name are extra lanes added to the instrument. Select the instrument you want to add extra lanes to, then long press the + in the bottom left hand corner of the sequencer and select add extra lane.

Yeah, and lane with red dot then records all note playings and tweakings in record mode ..

• edited December 2018

@LeeB said:
    Something new!

Lee, are you on Spotify? This is exactly the sort of stuff I like to listen to when I work. The progression is so good, I love this!

Edit: Oo, did not see that break coming. Chills!

• edited December 2018

@Cray23 that’s like a Man, or Astro Man? track if they did electronica instead of surf. I love it!

@LeeB you have some of the cleanest-sounding tracks I’ve heard, so far. Great finishing sound.

@Stiksi someday I’ll have to learn how to do buildups like you.

• @Stiksi said:
    Lee, are you on Spotify? This is exactly the sort of stuff I like to listen to when I work. The progression is so good, I love this!

I dumped basically whole his Youtube channel using JDownloader app :lol:

• edited December 2018

@kleptolia said:
    @Stiksi someday I’ll have to learn how to do buildups like you.

Wow, thanks =)

@dendy said:

@Stiksi said:

I dumped basically whole his Youtube channel using JDownloader app :lol:

Expect to hear from his legal team shortly. :#

• Made with NS2, bit err experimental....

• edited December 2018

This is something I did as a personal challenge: make as full-sounding a track as possible out of only one drum, one bass, and one lead sound. So, this is one Slate and 2 Obsidian tracks.

Warning, it’s not a pretty track. It’s very strange. I was trying to get the most varied sound I could and I didn’t use samples in the Obsidian patches, only in the Slate kit. The Slate kit is made up of a bunch of Monotron samples, as well as some samples made in iOS synth apps.

I had to upload in 16/44.1 because the 24/96 kept timing out.

Here it is. Listen if you dare:

• edited December 2018

@D4DG @kleptolia

wow nice experiments !!

@kleptolia it immediately reminded me Aphex Twin, can really easy imagine very twisted sick video full of strange shit for this song :+1::+1:

• @dendy I’m going to make a video for this song that is nothing but sunshine, rainbows, unicorns, etc. 😄

I really wasn’t going for anything dark, but the sounds do have an edge to them. The bass I named GiantBat, and the lead is BendyVoice. They have, um....character to them? 🤔
    😅

This discussion has been closed.