FX that have a groove/wave ala FilterFreak2

Trying to find either a plug-in that can do the same type of wavey motion to a sample like on Lil Skies “Welcome to the Rodeo”

Something like a filter freak 2 or a combination of NS2 stock plugins that I. Could make a chain of and make something similar. Any ideas that don’t require doing lfo changes (on obsidian if I use it) to make that sound?

Comments

• edited December 2018

why you don't want use LFO ? key/bpm synced LFO->Filter mod is obviously what is that plugin doing, so loading loop to obsidian osc1 and osc2, set Osc1 routing after filter for DRY signal (which he mixes to filtered one in that video) and Osc2 leave go through filter and then modulate filter cutoff with LFO will do EXACTLY this

• @dendy said:
    why you don't want use LFO ? key/bpm synced LFO->Filter mod is obviously what is that plugin doing, so load loop to obsidian osc1 and osc2, set Osc1 routing after filter for DRY signal (which he mixes to filtered one) and Osc2 leave go theough filter and then modulate filter cutoff with LFO will do EXACTLY this

I bet if he throws on some FM synthesis, in addition to doing what you said, he could get some even more interesting modfx. Wouldn’t be exactly the same as the video, though.

• edited December 2018

Why FM synthesis ? I see there just reversing wav (possible in Obsidian sample oscillator) and then applying filter modulated with LFO, and then mixing it together with original non-reversed loop... quite easy, nothing complicated ..

• @dendy said:
    Why FM synthesis ? I see there just reversing wav (possible in Obsidian sample oscillator) and then applying filter modulated with LFO, and then mixing it together with original non-reversed loop... quite easy, nothing complicated ..

Yeah, your way is the easiest. I was just thinking that FM gives an interesting randomization to the modulation that can be “tuned” to give different accents in the modulation.

But to get what is heard in the video, FM isn’t needed. I brought it up only as a way to differentiate the sound for @nkdvkng, in case he wanted to add his own flourish to it.

• Oh you mean FM LFO wave ! Yeah then, agree... Also experimenting with "Random Loop" LFO wave to get some more complex rytmic changes would do great job and make it eventually even better than original :)

• @dendy said:
    Oh you mean FM LFO wave ! Yeah then, agree... Also experimenting with "Random Loop" LFO wave to get some more complex rytmic changes would do great job and make it eventually even better than original :)

Exactly. Sorry for the confusion. I looked back and saw that I said synthesis. I’m not going to edit it, just so that the conversation flow stays intact.

• Well hey if I can make it happen in obsidian with a freshly made patch then I’m all for it! Then I can share with you all! Thanks for the feedback everyone

• You can also make your own patterns (instead of an LFO pattern) by automating the filter cutoff and resonance.

If you wanted to do something similar to Slate tracks, you can automate the stereo filter effect.

• Or the Slate FX bus filter.

• yeah wih quantisation grid turned on in automation editor, rhytmic patterns are easy job ;)