Nanostudio 2 Help Tutorials and Getting Started Videos

Comments

• @Cinebient said:
    Please extended video showing the filters in action. I mean filters are the main timbre sculpting thing.
    (But the FM can do nice things without filter with envelopes).

Great suggestion. Will do!

• Nanostudio 2 Overview - Understanding Slate

• @Blip Interactive -Hi Matt: Loving the app. Any plans to implement sustain pedal function?

• @Telstar5 said:
    @Blip Interactive -Hi Matt: Loving the app. Any plans to implement sustain pedal function?

Theres already a thread about this

https://www.blipinteractive.co.uk/community/index.php?p=/discussion/130/using-sustain-pedal-with-nanostudio#latest

Might get better traction there instead of posting in a video tutorial thread.

• Thank you so much StevePAL for these videos. They are incredibly helpful :)

• Yeah, Steve FTW! A man with insight and a gift to teach. Thanks for making these videos and lead us into the rabbithole...!

• Thank you @StevePAL these are really well done and very helpful, much appreciated.

• @colonel_mustard @Arpseechord @david_2019 thanks guys. Had a bit of technical set back but it's been fixed.

Just posted a new tutorial on how to use the Obsidian sampler. It also covers the spectral mode and the workaround for recording "audio tracks", etc

• edited December 2018

@StevePAL: At 2:10 - After you adjust start of selection, you actually don't need to use 'Zoom End' to go to end of seletion. If you are zoomed, you can directly drag right handle and it automatically jumps to end of selection :-) This this is fastest way of configuring loop points i EVER saw both on iOS and desktop.

• @StevePAL said:
    Just posted a new tutorial on how to use the Obsidian sampler. It also covers the spectral mode and the workaround for recording "audio tracks", etc

Nice! I’ve been looking forward to this one. Thank you

• edited December 2018

Love it.

Plenty of options of course but the audio workaround seems to work nicely with AUM as an external MIDI instrument host/recorder (‘quantize record’ for Link-synced perfect loops then ‘export’ back to NS2 from AudioShare* - it’s pretty quick to do). Very happy that we can free up some CPU if needed before audio and frozen tracks arrive. Not to mention hardware, vocals, guitar licks etc.

It’s just so good. I’m reeling.

*edit: unnecessary app switching. For best results, export directly from AUM’s ‘Files’ menu.

• @dendy said:
    @StevePAL: At 2:10 - After you adjust start of selection, you actually don't need to use 'Zoom End' to go to end of seletion. If you are zoomed, you can directly drag right handle and it automatically jumps to end of selection :-) This this is fastest way of configuring loop points i EVER saw both on iOS and desktop.

Ohhhhhh. Even just tapping the handles gets you to the selection points. Nice tip @dendy!

• Tutorial #8 is up. Instrument, Track & FX Automation

• Great job with the vids @StevePAL .You’re flying along with them.

• I'm enjoying the videos. Really nice stuff and lots of tips that make it quicker to learn this app. I like the style of your videos too!

• @SlapHappy said:
    I'm enjoying the videos. Really nice stuff and lots of tips that make it quicker to learn this app. I like the style of your videos too!

Ditto with extra me too.

• Thanks for these @StevePAL ! Great stuff and much appreciated.

• Just want to say thank you @StevePAL

• Endlessly surprised by all the thank you's. Hard to keep up but I see it all!

Got three more, so may as well post them here for those who haven't seen/subscribed:

Physical Modeling Tutorial:

Sidechain Compression/Expansion Tutorial:

Obsidian Filters Tutorial:

• @SlapHappy said:
    I'm enjoying the videos. Really nice stuff and lots of tips that make it quicker to learn this app. I like the style of your videos too!

Ditto with extra me too.

• @StevePAL said:
    Endlessly surprised by all the thank you's. Hard to keep up but I see it all!

Got three more, so may as well post them here for those who haven't seen/subscribed:

Physical Modeling Tutorial:

Sidechain Compression/Expansion Tutorial:

Obsidian Filters Tutorial:

Was wondering what my next binge-must-watch was going to be....

• Extra nice vid on the Filters. Gold in there. Thanks @StevePAL

• @mrwilson said:
    Just want to say thank you @StevePAL

Another thank you from me, these are great.

• Enjoying the videos. I’ve still not to one of them, but I look forward to these. Your videos add a lot to the knowledge base in the manual. ...and on this forum of course. 😊

• First up, @StevePAL, your tutorial videos are fantastic!

That out the way, are there any tutorials anywhere on how to import old NS1 TRG-16 kits into Slate? Sorry if I’ve missed them, but I’m having text overload at the moment.

• @tom_tm said:
    First up, @StevePAL, your tutorial videos are fantastic!

That out the way, are there any tutorials anywhere on how to import old NS1 TRG-16 kits into Slate? Sorry if I’ve missed them, but I’m having text overload at the moment.

It’s simple: with WebDAV, copy TRG kits to: Instruments > Slate > User. I created a TRG subfolder to keep them in. They load up just like Slate kits.

• Excellent! Cheers Skip!

• Is the waveshaper like a saturator?

• edited March 2019

@PUMP said:
    Is the waveshaper like a saturator?

not just that, it have multiple modes

• tube (this is most close to "saturation")
    • soft ovedrive
    • hard distortion
    • sine / triangle wavefolding (it sounds like form of FM modulation distortion, very hard)

i like waveshaper a lot, you can use it for anything from very subtle saturation to total destruction of signal :)

• Thanks!!!! Omg I can’t wait for audio tracks this is going to be my number 1 daw period!!!! Creation is fast fun and the best on iOS hands down once vocals are possible I can delete Cubasis and Auria!!!!