Nanostudio 2 Songs Megathread

Comments

• @kleptolia said:
    @dendy I’m going to make a video for this song that is nothing but sunshine, rainbows, unicorns, etc. 😄

that would be more twisted and sick than anything i can imagine !

• @kleptolia said:
    This is something I did as a personal challenge: make as full-sounding a track as possible out of only one drum, one bass, and one lead sound. So, this is one Slate and 2 Obsidian tracks.

Warning, it’s not a pretty track. It’s very strange. I was trying to get the most varied sound I could and I didn’t use samples in the Obsidian patches, only in the Slate kit. The Slate kit is made up of a bunch of Monotron samples, as well as some samples made in iOS synth apps.

I had to upload in 16/44.1 because the 24/96 kept timing out.

Here it is. Listen if you dare:

As dendy said, it does remind me aphex twin too. Will listen to it later on at home as I'm on break and have only iPhone speaker which doesn't do any justice to any track:)

• @echoopera lovely ambience with a driving rhythmic element
    @richardyot very catchy track and the choir voices fit perfectly
    @Cray23 very cool and intricate d&b. Digging the spoken/vocal bits
    @kleptolia as others have said, it’s got that aphex twin vibe. Nice and gritty!
    @D4DG great to hear different styles. Very industrial sounding
    @nkdvkng the beats keep coming 😎

• @dendy said:
    @LeeB Fucking great track. I know that i'm saying it basically on every your track cause i strongly like you'r style :) But this one is realy above you'r standard. Very hypnotic !

Cheers mate.

@Stiksi said:

@LeeB said:
    Something new!

Lee, are you on Spotify? This is exactly the sort of stuff I like to listen to when I work. The progression is so good, I love this!

Edit: Oo, did not see that break coming. Chills!

Thank you stiksi 😊
    I think my released tracks are on Spotify. To be honest I don’t think I’ve had a proper look on there.
    I do have a Bandcamp account with a few tracks on there, but never get round to promoting it. Something I’m not good at or comfortable with.

• @kleptolia said:

@LeeB you have some of the cleanest-sounding tracks I’ve heard, so far. Great finishing sound.

Thanks for the kind words mate 😊

• @LeeB said:
    Thank you stiksi 😊
    I think my released tracks are on Spotify. To be honest I don’t think I’ve had a proper look on there.
    I do have a Bandcamp account with a few tracks on there, but never get round to promoting it. Something I’m not good at or comfortable with.

You should definitely claim your Spotify Artist account if you haven't already, just to make sure you retain ownership of it.

But yes, music promotion can feel a little bit (or a lot) like screaming into the void.

Thanks for the listen and comment BTW, I'd already checked out your track earlier, good driving electronica.

• @LeeB said:

Cheers, yes this one was a departure to what I normally do. 🎛🔧⚙️⛓🧱 All sounds generated with Obsidian then messed up with various AU and native effects.

• edited December 2018

@richardyot said:

@LeeB said:
    Thank you stiksi 😊

You should definitely claim your Spotify Artist account if you haven't already, just to make sure you retain ownership of it.

But yes, music promotion can feel a little bit (or a lot) like screaming into the void.

Thanks for the listen and comment BTW, I'd already checked out your track earlier, good driving electronica.

Cheers Richard.

I honestly don’t know anything about Artist accounts on Spotify. I guess I can still claim it, even though my tracks are released on digital labels?
    Any pointers on where to start would be most welcome 😊

One annoying thing about my Artist name is that there is a young lad with the same name and his picture sometimes appears on a search of Lee B e.g on iTunes and his tracks are listed with mine, but are so different in styles. Not sure how I go about sorting that mess out 😬

• edited December 2018

@LeeB said:

@richardyot said:

@LeeB said:
    Thank you stiksi 😊

Cheers Richard.

I honestly don’t know anything about Artist accounts on Spotify. I guess I can still claim it, even though my tracks are released on digital labels?

One annoying thing about my Artist name is that there is a young lad with the same name and his picture sometimes appears on a search of Lee B e.g on iTunes and his tracks are listed with mine, but are so different in styles. Not sure how I go about sorting that mess out 😬

Either you or he must change the name. Spotify has no separation whatsoever for artists with the same names, they will be completely mixed up.

A bad example is Prodigy (rap-artist) and The Prodigy (90’s rave band, current Sex Pistols as electronica band) which are completely interlaced in search but because of the article, get separated on different artist pages. I have a few favourites that have an exact namesake and the artist pages are a mix of both.

• @Stiksi said:

@LeeB said:

@richardyot said:

@LeeB said:
    Thank you stiksi 😊

Cheers Richard.

Either you or he must change the name. Spotify has no separation whatsoever for artists with the same names, they will be completely mixed up.

Oldest wins 😁

Actually, I might crack on with a new Artist name in 2019. Time to go anonymous.

• More info:

https://artists.spotify.com/faq/popular#how-do-i-verify-my-artist-profile-on-spotify

If you can give me the name of one of your released tracks I might be able to track down the relevant artist page. It might already be taken by your namesake though.

• @richardyot said:
    More info:

https://artists.spotify.com/faq/popular#how-do-i-verify-my-artist-profile-on-spotify

If you can give me the name of one of your released tracks I might be able to track down the relevant artist page. It might already be taken by your namesake though.

Thanks for the link. I’ll have a read up on that.

Just did a quick google search of one of my older tracks and got this https://open.spotify.com/album/6ioRC2rgE4VGet23nxbZr6?nd=1

Thanks

• @LeeB said:

@richardyot said:
    More info:

Just did a quick google search of one of my older tracks and got this https://open.spotify.com/album/6ioRC2rgE4VGet23nxbZr6?nd=1

Thanks

Your Artist page is taken by your namesake I'm afraid. Time for a new name :)

• @richardyot said:

@LeeB said:

@richardyot said:
    More info:

Thanks

Your Artist page is taken by your namesake I'm afraid. Time for a new name :)

Ah, never mind. Time to start thinking up a new handle.

Cheers

• Whoooooo! Nothing but talent in here. I don’t see why you guys aren’t releasing albums or working with artists if you haven’t begun yet. Super talented bunch here!

@LeeB said:
    @echoopera lovely ambience with a driving rhythmic element
    @richardyot very catchy track and the choir voices fit perfectly
    @Cray23 very cool and intricate d&b. Digging the spoken/vocal bits
    @kleptolia as others have said, it’s got that aphex twin vibe. Nice and gritty!
    @nkdvkng the beats keep coming 😎

• I know I stay annoying you guys with a new post a day lol. Consistency is what I strive for hoping to get noticed by big trap rap labels one day lol

Hope u guys like!

• @Stiksi @Cray23 loving the DnB vibes. I have a neurofunk one cooking.. just need some time to finish it.

• Very kind words @nkdvkng and loving your beats. FWIW, i can already hear some tasty rhymes over a bunch of your work....on Gangsta i hear stuff like,
    “So you tell me you love the way...
    The way to do these things...’to cherish
    To relish
    To flourish’and I believe
    Believe in you
    My flower
    My power
    You make me wanna step into your flow
    And go
    To grow to know to join you...
    Tomorrow
    Today
    It doesn’t matter when
    Let’s go
    Let’s go
    Let’s go...”

• Trying out the Industrial IAPs and loving them! This is how I feel when I'm Christmas Shopping. Very festive.

• @Stiksi

Stiksi that is EPIC. Would be huge to have this as soundtrack for Doom-like FPS game !

• Cheers @dendy that reminds me that I need to add Noisia's Devil May Cry soundtrack to the christmas playlist. :D

• @drez said:
    When I hop on ableton or BM3, I normally just start making clips and then...that’s it. Linear writing is helping me to actually complete something instead of just a shed load of clips. Not to say I don’t enjoy writing clips in session view, i’ve written thousands!

I have had the same experience in NI Maschine + Jam. Great for creating and playing live patterns, but doesn't translate well into turning these into a real song. Good observation :)

• This thread is so inspiring :) Thanks everyone for posting!
    @LeeB all that arrangement is worth it, man! You do it well.
    @Cray23 lovely D&B, really made me bounce along.
    @D4DG that's really cool. Everything about it is organic and flowing.

• This is another remix. Something really cool about Nanostudio2: if you have iMaschine2, you can export a project for Maschine, send it to NS2, and have all of the samples in the files folder. Great way to get your samples into NS2 quickly (obviously, the samples aren’t all pre-assigned to Slate pads, as that would require Native Standard compatibility). Smart move by Blip to make NS2 so file-friendly!

• edited December 2018

Hokay, here's my Getting to Know NS2 tune. Done completely with NS2 stuff, no AU's. May not be your cup o tea, but hope you enjoy anyway. @Blip Interactive thank you for an amazing piece of kit. Its called Six Years because that's how long I've been waiting to mess with it! =)

• @drez said:
    Hokay, here's my Getting to Know NS2 tune. Done completely with NS2 stuff, no AU's. May not be your cup o tea, but hope you enjoy anyway. @Blip Interactive thank you for an amazing piece of kit. Its called Six Years because that's how long I've been waiting to mess with it! =)

Good stuff!

• edited December 2018

@drez said:

Really impressive composition and great choice of elements that work so well together. Very inspiring to listen to as all postings in this thread are!!
    Thanks for sharing B)

• Seemed appropriate to do another NS Dub. Tried to get this one done before release but managed to totally hose a backup! Like, in a way only dipshits who “think they know” can. My tech-scared mother, for instance, never woulda messed it up the way I did. She wouldn’t even know how to. :)

Anyway... 100% NS2 sounds. Most of the synth patches are random enough via Obsidian’s LFO glory that any mixdown is almost a “version”. Hope this is a decent one.

• @drez nice strings! Really full-sounding. And the wave pad at the beginning is a great sound. Thumbs up!

• @Will that is wild! The random artifact that “float” through the background are really neat! And the echo on the hat/snare breaks is truely dub.

Well done, sir.

This discussion has been closed.