Apple Smart Case Keyboard Not Working in NS2

I don’t know if this has been discussed or not but my smart case/cover keyboard isn’t working in NS2 in order to type file names, name tracks etc etc. Is there a setting I need to change? Also keyboard shortcuts similar to those offered in LumaFusion for editing etc would be a great addition. Thanks

Comments

• QWERTY keyboards aren't supported yet but has been requested here before and is on the huge evergrowing list that rules from the center of the underworld.

• I've already got Bluetooth keyboards (including MIDI controllers) on my todo list but the Apple Smart Case seems to work differently by connecting via 3 small metal pads. Excuse my ignorance but is this an iPad Pro specific thingamybob?

• @Blip Interactive said:
    I've already got Bluetooth keyboards (including MIDI controllers) on my todo list but the Apple Smart Case seems to work differently by connecting via 3 small metal pads. Excuse my ignorance but is this an iPad Pro specific thingamybob?

Yes :)

• Damn haven't got one of those. Might have to have a stab in the dark and see if it works for people in the next update.

Damn haven't got one of those. Might have to have a stab in the dark and see if it works for people in the next update.

Still using an Air2 myself. Keeping an eye on second hand Pro iPads eventually :p

• Air 2 still feels new to me. It just lives on my desk and doesn't have a scratch on it.

Has a lot of grubby finger marks from the kids playing pink unicorn sparkle dust fairy or WTF it's called :)

Air 2 still feels new to me. It just lives on my desk and doesn't have a scratch on it.

Has a lot of grubby finger marks from the kids playing pink unicorn sparkle dust fairy or WTF it's called :)

The Air2 was a great bang for buck model imo. If they did a non Pro 256 gb model I would go for that - I just need more storage....I will try pixie dust to see if that helps ;)

Damn haven't got one of those. Might have to have a stab in the dark and see if it works for people in the next update.

Thanks for the quick response. I can’t wait!

• I have the Logitec case that connect to the 3 prongs as well so I hope this is successful in a future update!!!

• +1 I’m with @mrwilson, with a new Logitech Slim (the keys are way better than my 2yr old MacBook Pro - yuk) and I would use QWERTY -> MIDI note events, as well as shortcuts and the space bar (in fact, I’ve hit the space bar out of habit a few times with NS2)

• @toneman said:
    +1 I’m with @mrwilson, with a new Logitech Slim (the keys are way better than my 2yr old MacBook Pro - yuk) and I would use QWERTY -> MIDI note events, as well as shortcuts and the space bar (in fact, I’ve hit the space bar out of habit a few times with NS2)

Now you've got me thinking about Voyetra Sequencer Plus and the power of a 100% QWERTY workflow. Tab to select notes (shift+tab for backwards), arrows to move them around, V to enter 'velocity' mode + arrows to adjust it, L to adjust the length with arrows, C to insert a CC message... Seems a little whacky nowadays but it was absurdly fast once you knew it. Would be kind of funny to see that sort of support in a touch-based app.

No, seriously, absurdly fast:

• Pretty sure he’s got blisters on his fingers and some kind of caffeine thing, or other thing, going on there