Super slow mixdowns... (Solved: check for crashed AUs!)

edited December 2018 in Support

Not sure if this is AU related but my mixdowns of what should realisticly take a handful of minutes or so look like they would take hours...

During playback my CPU is hovering only around 64% with no skips n pops etc...

Comments

• For 100% it's somehow related to AU plugins .. never had such issue with just build in stuff, but AUs thats different topic :) .. It may be cause by some particular effect, or some instrument - hard to say, for example i have very bad experience with Audio Damage plugins, specially Replicant, Eos2 and Dubdelay2

Try turn OFF plugins one after one (not just instruments - also AUfxs) - maybe you found one particular plugin which causes this

Also good idea is to try different export bitrate / samplerate settings. Oftern AUfx plugins have trouble with 96khz export (but this is not your case as i see you use 44khz). Nanostudio in realtime mode uses 32bits / 44khz processing, so i would maybe try also export in 32bit (and 16bit)

• @dendy said:
    For 100% it's somehow related to AU plugins .. never had such issue with just build in stuff, but AUs thats different topic :) .. It may be cause by some particular effect, or some instrument - hard to say, for example i have very bad experience with Audio Damage plugins, specially Replicant, Eos2 and Dubdelay2

Try turn OFF plugins one after one (not just instruments - also AUfxs) - maybe you found one particular plugin which causes this

Also good idea is to try different export bitrate / samplerate settings. Oftern AUfx plugins have trouble with 96khz export (but this is not your case as i see you use 44khz). Nanostudio in realtime mode uses 32bits / 44khz processing, so i would maybe try also export in 32bit (and 16bit)

Will do boss.

• Yes, my mixdowns are around 24-32X speed, super quick. Not even minutes, seconds. Something’s definitely wrong here.

• @Stiksi said:
    Yes, my mixdowns are around 24-32X speed, super quick. Not even minutes, seconds. Something’s definitely wrong here.

Are you all AUed up?

• @Audiogus said:

@Stiksi said:
    Yes, my mixdowns are around 24-32X speed, super quick. Not even minutes, seconds. Something’s definitely wrong here.

Are you all AUed up?

No, I’m mostly in stock NS.

• Well, after peeling back AUs it looked like I had a crashed FAC Transient on a track that was the culprit. Reloading it and applying the same settings made it export around .8x speed, which is functional enough.

• @Audiogus said:
    Well, after peeling back AUs it looked like I had a crashed FAC Transient on a track that was the culprit. Reloading it and applying the same settings made it export around .8x speed, which is functional enough.

Wonder if it's possible to programmatically check for this before starting a mix down. Like, NS would ping each loaded AU asking 'You ok, buddy? We're about to mix down.'

• edited December 2018

@Will said:

@Audiogus said:
    Well, after peeling back AUs it looked like I had a crashed FAC Transient on a track that was the culprit. Reloading it and applying the same settings made it export around .8x speed, which is functional enough.

Wonder if it's possible to programmatically check for this before starting a mix down. Like, NS would ping each loaded AU asking 'You ok, buddy? We're about to mix down.'

😂 ”You sure you don’t want to have a lie-down before?”

Pinging sounds like a good idea.