Supported file formats

Hi! I know about wav, aiff, m4a etc support and mixing ability up to 32/96. But what kind of files can be used as samples? In NS1 it was 16bit mono wav. Can I use 24bit stereo wav now? What about flac or alac?

Comments

• edited December 2018

all kinds which are supported by export ;) I think, didn't really tried all of them but at least wav for sure up to 32/96 stereo ..

• @dendy said:
    all kinds which are supported by export ;) I think, didn't really tried all of them but at least wav for sure up to 32/96 stereo ..

Nice, thank you! All my old samples for ns1 are in 16bit mono and I just want to use 24bit.

• edited December 2018

Thank you. I had read it, but was confused by "most bit depths and sample rates are supported". Can you add specific info about every format on this page? Also, at first, I tried to find something at sampler editor and sampler oscillator pages, because they related to sampling. Maybe it need a link to formats list.

• @netsvetaev said:
    In NS1 it was 16bit mono wav.

Mono in Eden, stereo in TRG 🙂

• No flac or alac but “most sample rates” should include 24 bit.

Have you tried any file formats/rates that aren’t working?

• @netsvetaev said:

Thank you. I had read it, but was confused by "most bit depths and sample rates are supported". Can you add specific info about every format on this page? Also, at first, I tried to find something at sampler editor and sampler oscillator pages, because they related to sampling. Maybe it need a link to formats list.

Agree that it's worth listing them out. Mostly because it's impressive to me! Also think it's worth repeating in the sampler section because that's the logical place to look for sample import formats. And/or noting on the AudioAndMIDIFiles.html page that 'support' refers to both import and export.

• edited December 2018

@User_Error said:
    No flac or alac but “most sample rates” should include 24 bit.

Have you tried any file formats/rates that aren’t working?

I haven't, yet. I use just my 16 bit mono wavs and new 24 and 32 bit stereo.

@Will said:
    Agree that it's worth listing them out. Mostly because it's impressive to me! Also think it's worth repeating in the sampler section because that's the logical place to look for sample import formats. And/or noting on the AudioAndMIDIFiles.html page that 'support' refers to both import and export.

Yes, it will be definitely useful and persuasive for new users/buyers. 32/96 mix export and many hi-res file formats are associated with professional software. Mp3 isn't.