Loading a Stem into an Empty Track?

Is it possible to load a stem into an empty NanoStudio 2 track? I’d like to mix a song through NanoStudio 2.

Comments

• hello,

no at the moment, audio tracks are planned for next year, after iphone version

• Okay, thanks for the response. I will look forward to that day!

• You can load a stem as a sample but that comes with the limitation of needing to start the track from the top every time (to trigger the sample)

• @dendy said:
    hello,

AFTER iPhone version? For real? Weird priorities. How many people actually use their phones for daw work? If it’s a lot then cool, glad devs are getting rich of those sales, if it isn’t then look out for existing customers first and focus on the iPad version (that people just paid for...) features for a while til it isn’t so lacking, then branch out.

• @flockz said:

@dendy said:
    hello,

AFTER iPhone version? For real? Weird priorities. How many people actually use their phones for daw work? If it’s a lot then cool, glad devs are getting rich of those sales, if it isn’t then look out for existing customers first and focus on the iPad version (that people just paid for...) features for a while til it isn’t so lacking, then branch out.

The feature isn't lacking, its an IAP to be available in the future. It was all spelled out pretty clearly at launch time. And the dev should get rich on sales of whatever he wants to sell. It was never said "audio tracks will be available at launch". It is said to be available "mid year". It isn't mid year yet. So he can work on whatever he wants and try to deliver whenever he says. Obviously there's a demand for the iphone version or he wouldn't be worried about doing it. He's not ripping anybody off, he's simply following through with what he stated at launch time.

Personally, i've been waiting on getting a new iphone until there was something musically useful for it. NS2 is that thing. I used NS1 on my phone all the time.

• edited December 2018

There’s a manageable workaround for not having audio tracks. There is no workaround for not having an iPhone version.

Not a weird priority in my opinion.

• @flockz said:

"so lacking"? Come on, man. "Missing features I want"? Fair enough. Suggesting NS2 is "lacking" is just goofy.

Not only was it spelled out before and after launch that audio tracks were coming in the future via IAP, it was also spelled out that the iPhone version would be coming before audio tracks.

• @Will said:
    You can load a stem as a sample but that comes with the limitation of needing to start the track from the top every time (to trigger the sample)

One work around for this would be to load your stem into the editor and slice out fixed bar segments (say 4, 8 or 16, depending on how long the stem is). Then lay those out on Slate pads and trigger them as needed. That way, you only have put the playhead before which ever slice you're currently working on instead of needing to start the song from the top.

• @Will said:

@Will said:
    You can load a stem as a sample but that comes with the limitation of needing to start the track from the top every time (to trigger the sample)

One work around for this would be to load your stem into the editor and slice out fixed bar segments (say 4, 8 or 16, depending on how long the stem is). Then lay those out on Slate pads and trigger them as needed. That way, you only have put the playhead before which ever slice you're currently working on instead of needing to start the song from the top.

I’m hoping for a free "guide track" feature at least, grouped with the tempo and timesig tracks. The sample chopping is real chore when working with a demo to click someone has sent me.