Any way to show how many minutes in a piece?

Currently, the clock on top shows bars, beats, and fractions of beats. I've searched everywhere to see if there's a way to switch the clock so it can show minutes, seconds, and milliseconds. Can this be currently done in Nanostudio 2?

Comments

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    Currently, the clock on top shows bars, beats, and fractions of beats. I've searched everywhere to see if there's a way to switch the clock so it can show minutes, seconds, and milliseconds. Can this be currently done in Nanostudio 2?

I think double tapping the clock will switch it

• This is another part of the interface that could benefit from a tweak or two. NS1 did this flawlessly, but when I try, I get a pop-up window to change the tempo and a whole load of other things. It would be better if the pop-up window appeared after holding the clock down for a second or two, but instantly switching when just tapped?

• edited December 2018

@tom_tm it works this way on play / record buttons (pres and hold opens that rolldown screen with corresponding left tab active) , so probably just completely removing this action from time screen and switching time content by single tap like you suggested...

• @dendy I'll try that one out.

• @drez said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

I think double tapping the clock will switch it

That's it! :D Thanks mate. Talk about a "time saver". :smirk:

• edited December 2018

@dendy said:
    @tom_tm it works this way on play / record buttons (pres and hold opens that rolldown screen with corresponding left tab active) , so probably just completely removing this action from time screen and switching time content by single tap like you suggested...

I think double tapping is good enough. I use single tapping the time all the time to get to the menus, the long presses on play and rec are nice but difficult for me to do quickly. I could solve this by not making mistakes with record modes and quantize settings but that’s not likely to happen, so I need to get to record settings quickly. The current arrangement is the best of both worlds for me.

• edited December 2018

@Stiksi yeah i'm ok with current status too, just was trying to propose possible solution for those who aren't .. regarding me, +1 for any changes ;)

• I’m gotten used to the current procedure. Given time we get used to certain procedures and don’t notice them as much. It would be interesting to compare the single tap, double tap, and tap & hold functions on a chart or graph to get a better feel for the underlying logic. I feel that logic at work, but not well enough to articulate it.