IAA support discussion

2»

Comments

• @drez said:
    You sound like a guy walking into an Italian restaurant asking for a hamburger. If you want Italian, then just go eat Italian.

lol

Yes, no more IAA. Begone horrible mutant thing. BM3 can be my IAA sampler (what it seems to have been designed for and does bloody well) and NS2 can be my flaming stable chariot of AU rock n rolla. Now lets just get NS2 audio tracks so the two can conquer this wasteland side by side as true brothers.

• edited December 2018

@Audiogus said:

@drez said:
    You sound like a guy walking into an Italian restaurant asking for a hamburger. If you want Italian, then just go eat Italian.

lol

Yes, no more IAA. Begone horrible mutant thing. BM3 can be my IAA sampler (what it seems to have been designed for and does bloody well) and NS2 can be my flaming stable chariot of AU rock n rolla. Now lets just get NS2 audio tracks so the two can conquer this wasteland side by side as true brothers.

Hilarious. In the same breath saying ‘IAA be gone’ and then ‘I’m going to use bm3 for IAA!’.

Why would anyone choose an ideal end game that involves using multiple daws? Surely you’d rather just not have to use bm3 for IAA and be able to remain inside ns2 when you need those features?

Im struggling to relate to that kind of ‘ideal workflow’ logic but it seems to be the majority in this forum so i must be crazy and I’ll cease banging my head against the wall.

The bm3 vs ns2 thing is really tiresome but in the end I only want to focus on one of them. Ns2 seems to be cultivating a ‘limitations in the name of stability’ vibe. Which I sometimes dig in Instruments and grooveboxes, but not daws. Daws I need to be as unlimited in features as possible...

Curious to see what Intua bring to the table in the next few updates... if Intua can tidy up, add couple of things and improve stability then game over for me. I’m mainly desktop/laptop so I’m possibly coming at this from a different angle to a lot of people on the forum. I never really lost sleep about getting a ‘stable’ daw on iOS. I just use desktop/laptop for that most of the time for now. I’ve been more hungry for a daw that ticked all the boxes and would make me actually feel like I’m not limited creatively or constantly faffing with workarounds when working on a track in an iOS daw. Stability needs to happen too, but while it’s a case of one or the other (stability in ns2, vs creativity/less limitations in bm3) i guess I’ll just continue to rarely use iOS daws and hope things improve in one or the other app some time soon...

• @flockz said:

@Audiogus said:

@drez said:

lol

Hilarious. In the same breath saying ‘IAA be gone’ and then ‘I’m going to use bm3 for IAA!’.

Sure. Once Effectrix becomes an AU, bye bye IAA. Not everyone can leap on the escape craft at the same time. Gnome sayin?

Why would anyone choose an ideal end game that involves using multiple daws?

Because no dev will ever hit on the exact features I want no matter how witty and lovable my annoying forum posts are.

Surely you’d rather just not have to use bm3 for IAA and be able to remain inside ns2 when you need those features?

Nah. I look forward to not wanting to use IAA at all, come on Sugar Bytes, one to go!

Im struggling to relate to that kind of ‘ideal workflow’ logic but it seems to be the majority in this forum so i must be crazy and I’ll cease banging my head against the wall.

There yah go.

The bm3 vs ns2 thing is really tiresome but in the end I only want to focus on one of them. Ns2 seems to be cultivating a ‘limitations in the name of stability’ vibe. Which I sometimes dig in Instruments and grooveboxes, but not daws. Daws I need to be as unlimited in features as possible...

I could easily see NS2 being my one and only in a year from now, pending audiotracks not being lame,

Curious to see what Intua bring to the table in the next few updates... if Intua can tidy up, add couple of things and improve stability then game over for me. I’m mainly desktop/laptop so I’m possibly coming at this from a different angle to a lot of people on the forum.

I just wont even think of BM3 updates anymore. What it is be what it is to me now.

I never really lost sleep about getting a ‘stable’ daw on iOS. I just use desktop/laptop for that most of the time for now. I’ve been more hungry for a daw that ticked all the boxes and would make me actually feel like I’m not limited creatively or constantly faffing with workarounds when working on a track in an iOS daw. Stability needs to happen too, but while it’s a case of one or the other (stability in ns2, vs creativity/less limitations in bm3) i guess I’ll just continue to rarely use iOS daws and hope things improve in one or the other app some time soon...

Yah I am always desktop fallback centric. I just hate the desk part. NS2 and laptop are very couch friendly for me now in terms of straight up synth sequencing so future looks bright in many ways. Would just love to edit/mix audio nicely without that damn desk, ugh. Come on audio tracks, don’t suck!

• edited December 2018

@Audiogus said:

@flockz said:

@Audiogus said:

@drez said:

lol

Sure. Once Effectrix becomes an AU, bye bye IAA. Not everyone can leap on the escape craft at the same time. Gnome sayin?

Because no dev will ever hit on the exact features I want no matter how witty and lovable my annoying forum posts are.

Surely you’d rather just not have to use bm3 for IAA and be able to remain inside ns2 when you need those features?

Nah. I look forward to not wanting to use IAA at all, come on Sugar Bytes, one to go!

There yah go.

I could easily see NS2 being my one and only in a year from now, pending audiotracks not being lame,

Curious to see what Intua bring to the table in the next few updates... if Intua can tidy up, add couple of things and improve stability then game over for me. I’m mainly desktop/laptop so I’m possibly coming at this from a different angle to a lot of people on the forum.

I just wont even think of BM3 updates anymore. What it is be what it is to me now.

I never really lost sleep about getting a ‘stable’ daw on iOS. I just use desktop/laptop for that most of the time for now. I’ve been more hungry for a daw that ticked all the boxes and would make me actually feel like I’m not limited creatively or constantly faffing with workarounds when working on a track in an iOS daw. Stability needs to happen too, but while it’s a case of one or the other (stability in ns2, vs creativity/less limitations in bm3) i guess I’ll just continue to rarely use iOS daws and hope things improve in one or the other app some time soon...

Yah I am always desktop fallback centric. I just hate the desk part. NS2 and laptop are very couch friendly for me now in terms of straight up synth sequencing so future looks bright in many ways. Would just love to edit/mix audio nicely without that damn desk, ugh. Come on audio tracks, don’t suck!

Race to the finish. Not betting on either ns2 or bm3 for the time being... proof’s in the pudding ;)

I actually love making music at a desk. Focused space and all my gear is there...Just I can’t always be there :/ so always keeping an eye on portable options..

• @flockz said:

@Audiogus said:

@flockz said:

@Audiogus said:

@drez said:

lol

There yah go.

Race to the finish. Not betting on either ns2 or bm3 for the time being... proof’s in the pudding ;)

I actually love making music at a desk. Focused space and all my gear is there...Just I can’t always be there :/ so always keeping an eye on portable options..

If I had my 30 year old ass I would love it too.

• @Audiogus said:

@flockz said:

@Audiogus said:

@flockz said:

@Audiogus said:

@drez said:

lol

There yah go.

If I had my 30 year old ass I would love it too.

Haha :)

• Another soon to be released killer app using that ‘dead technology’ you guys are keen on ignoring ;) This looks incredible. Instabuy. IAA only apparently....

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/29269/aphelian-interesting-new-app-coming-next-month

• edited December 2018

I’m an Ableton user, own Push 1&2, Komplete Ultimate, the full Symphony Series, all the Uh-e’s, all Izotopes..., just so many plugins. On my iPad I use BM3, Auxy, and NS2. In the end they are all just tools. I usually export whatever I do on my iPad to Ableton anyway and expand from there. Lately I’ve just been working on the iPad and mastering in Ozone. BUT, the whole reason I use my iPad is to just write at any time. I want it to just work. I don’t want to have to wrestle music out of it. I don’t want to hop through 20 different apps, figuring out how to sync them...it sucks the joy out of the whole creative experience for me. IAA is just one hoop jump after another. To me it’s like sitting in a room full of hardware trying to get it all to work together. I sold all my hardware because I just want to write music, not constantly try to make it f—king work. That’s exactly what IAA is like to me. And to me, that’s never been what NanoStudio was about. I don’t think Matt was even going to add AU support. So far, I’m only working with all Native stuff. I’ve got a shed load of plugins, but it’s been nice just loading up 40 obsidians and going at it and not worrying about it working or not.

Choosing boundaries for your application is the smartest thing a developer can do because he then chooses how he’s going to write his code framework that everything will live in. Once he tries to go beyond the original vision, it’s bolt on, bolt on, bolt on. That’s when it all goes to shit. DAW’s do NOT have to have feature parity. That’s why we have specific restaurants for different types of food. If you don’t like the stuff one has, here’s another one right down the street. But guy’s that really hone in on their specific menu and have experience with a specific type of food, that’s the place I always go back to. Because it’s the best at what it is. And there is pleeeeeenty of food to go around, so just use whatever you like and leave the rest. You aren’t hurting a dev’s feelings, you’re being a good consumer. But expecting him to serve what’s not on the menu after he has specifically said I ain’t doin it is folly.

Do I understand why people would want IAA support? Hell yes. They actually LIKE a room full of hardware. Running audio from one hint to another, having CV drive their modular rig from their DAW, etc. I have no problem with that!

BUT..

I don’t think Matt wants to manage all that for you.

Which is what he has to do when he starts opening up IAA because it’s an old framework and is not stable. EVERY daw I use that uses IAA apps has problem. Every single one. And yes, I own a bunch of IAA’s. But I was finally like eff this, it’s a time suck. So I said no more and haven’t missed any of them. Sound design can be done with anything, so I just use whatever I can use and start writing. The tools available in NS2 are more than ample to crank out music and UA’s are enough to scratch itches people have (I’m looking forward to running things through soundfruuze again because it’s so fun, for example). But there is ZERO reason to support an outdated technology just because right now people have some IAA’s that are currently irreplaceable. Matt has been working on this for 6 years and he stated that this is his framework for the next few years. He’s playing the long game and IAA support is NOT the long game. NO developer wants to support a shitty framework. It’s his time, not ours. As a systems architect guy, I completely get this.

People have rooms full of vintage gear and they do whatever they have to to make them integrate into their modern workflow. That’s what you’ll need to do with NS2. Jump through hoops outside of it, sample your stuff in AudioShare, run it through audiobus,..whatever. You choose that life if you use NS2, you choose the consequence. Don’t like it? Their are DOZENS of great alternatives. But trying to make NS2 something it doesn’t want to be is not gonna happen. And there may be a lot of people that want IAA support but there’s also a lot of people that do not...and Matt has already stated he’s in the camp of the latter...not because of some beta guys, but because he doesn’t want to support the code to make it and all the shit that goes along with it ¯_(ツ)_/¯

• edited December 2018

@flockz said:

No, please don't stop. Just try banging a lot harder. Maybe against brick instead of drywall? Maybe try getting a running start. Don't give up, we're pulling for ya. ;)

• Basic AudioBus support is like a bright light to me!!!

Many, many thanks, @Blip Interactive

You can add this as IAP.

• edited December 2018

@number37 said:

@flockz said:

No, please don't stop. Just try banging a lot harder. Maybe against brick instead of drywall? Maybe try getting a running start. Don't give up, we're pulling for ya. ;)

I'd like to apologize for that last post. I was being very inconsiderate.

I'm in no way am advocating for the defacement or damaging of any structure.

• tjatja
    edited December 2018

@flockz You are desperately fighting for IAA support in NS2.
    I understand that and use IAA Apps myself regulary!
    And I would love to see full IAA support in NS2.

But:

As was written, the developer decided not to add support for this old and unstable technology. I think, modstep audio was killed by IAA!
    I kind of understand this decision.

(But I hope for AUM-style AU support: Fullscreen and multiple floating AU windows)

With adding basic AudioBus Support, we may get around this or that, even if that means using AB, of course. As AB is such fantastic, this is just the best news ever to me!

AB3 and NS2 together are just a dream.
    And if this also offers a way to also record IAA into NS2, all the better.
    And who knows, how basic this support will stay.
    Just let's wait!

• edited December 2018

@flockz said:
    Another soon to be released killer app using that ‘dead technology’ you guys are keen on ignoring ;) This looks incredible. Instabuy. IAA only apparently....

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/29269/aphelian-interesting-new-app-coming-next-month

...but they are looking at AU :wink:

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comment/562064/#Comment_562064

EDIT: Actually, check that... AU coming soon

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comment/592916/#Comment_592916

• I dont understand all the hate for IAA it never seems buggy to me and it would be super useful. I have always hated havibg to use AB to connect apps as it is just another app in your workflow. I dont own AB anymore as I cant download the legacy version and i sure dont want to drop another $10 on something i never use. That being said, AB seems like a fair compromise as the developer has already stated no IAA. Id rather just record into Audioshare than use AB personally.

• IAA apps never caused me anything but trouble. I don’t know how many times I set up AUM or AB with IAA apps only to have it all stop working at some point. FLSM and IAA. LOL! Nope! Several others - same story.

The best apps for me have been the all-in-one’s, Caustic, Gadget (ugh! That sequencer!), NS1.

NS2 and AU has been working very well. Stable and consistent. Open a project and everything is just like I left it. That’s the kind of thing that’s important to me. And there aren’t any IAA-only apps that I’m dying to use any more. Maybe Samplr but I just do whatever with it and export a wav.

This subject’s been beaten to death for sure. To each their own I guess.

• @number37 said:

@flockz said:

Funny. Guy.

• @tja said:
    Basic AudioBus support is like a bright light to me!!!

Many, many thanks, @Blip Interactive

You can add this as IAP.

Lol. IAP for ab support. Then I have to buy AB too....For functionality every other app includes from day one? No thanks....

Deleting ns2 for now. Narrow minded, defensive, OAP community that are possibly going to steer ns2 in to obscurity. Strange crowd/forum, most of whom probably never earned a buck from production or even played a show, but still they wanna shout over other people’s workflow requirements and tell them, ‘no, you’re wrong about what you think you need, just wait for couple years and it’ll be fine’....Nah....

For me ns2 just has way too far to go right now and too small a team behind it to catch up to other options if adding something staple (for now) like IAA support (for those peeps that DO use them....) is such a big deal. Enjoy your waiting game everyone, I predict a long, long road and IAP galore. Enjoy!

This isn’t aimed at ‘everyone’, a few good people on here....And then some others like @number37 :/

• edited December 2018

Deleting ns2 for now. Narrow minded, defensive, OAP community that are possibly going to steer ns2 in to obscurity. Strange crowd/forum, most of whom probably never earned a buck from production or even played a show, but still they wanna shout over other people’s workflow requirements and tell them, ‘no, you’re wrong about what you think you need, just wait for couple years and it’ll be fine’....Nah....

**Please stop offend other users just because they do not share your subjective opinions. Consider this as second (last) warning, you already got one. Thanks **

Locking thread to avoid another flamewars which leads nowhere...

This discussion has been closed.