Historical stuff: iOS 4.1 with nanostudio 1.33 on iPod Touch

tjatja
edited December 2018 in General chat

I just revived an old iPod Touch from around 2009?(it was from the same time as the 3GS iPhone) with 32 GB at iOS 4.1 and could install nanostudio 1.33!

The demo project played seemlessly at about 20% CPU and I can now check Eden again :-)
Only problem is, that I do not seem to have access to iCloud and am not sure how to get things off that iPad.

I also installed BeatMaker and BeatMaker 2 (like with nanostudio not the latest version due to iOS minimum requirement)

AudioBus could sadly not be installed.

Later, I am going to try other old Apps.

That was a nice Xmas surprise for me :):):)

Comments

• That’s rad! Looks like the ghost of Christmas past came for a visit :)

• @tja said:
    I just revived an old iPod Touch from around 2009?(it was from the same time as the 3GS iPhone) with 32 GB at iOS 4.1 and could install nanostudio 1.33!

The demo project played seemlessly at about 20% CPU and I can now check Eden again :-)
    Only problem is, that I do not seem to have access to iCloud and am not sure how to get things off that iPad.

iOS 4.1 that’s a time capsule. You know about Nanosync, I’m guessing.

• @User_Error said:

@tja said:

Man, Nanosync was so great! Bulk file import all day! That was such a timesaver. I still miss it.

• @User_Error said:

@tja said:

Not realy.
    I think it is still downloadable.
    But I start my PC so rarely, between iPhone 8, iPad Pro 9.7 and iPad Pro 12.9 2gen and now an iPod Touch, the is just no time left :-D

Will try to download and test this!

• @tja said:

@User_Error said:

@tja said:

Not realy.
    I think it is still downloadable.
    But I start my PC so rarely, between iPhone 8, iPad Pro 9.7 and iPad Pro 12.9 2gen and now an iPod Touch, the is just no time left :-D

Will try to download and test this!

Nanosync is available on the website’s NS1 page. That is the program for your computer to transfer files onto & off of your iPhone/iPad. It’s pretty simple and quite useful.